Request for Reviewing Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Admission

Sazzad 1 / -  
Technology is the driving force of modern civilization. Modern technology has helped society in various ways to make life easier and comfortable, which could be impossible without technological progress. Since my childhood, I have a knack for Technology. I started using computer to email my brother at the age of 9, which is abnormal for most of the kids of my country during that time . At high school, I came more in touch with technology as computer was my optional subject during high school. After completing high school, I got into business school. During my Uuniversity life, I feel more necessity of technology in business world and daily life. Then, I decided to do a masters on Technology Leadership & Innovation.

There are many other factors also, which influenced my decision to take this field of study. I am from Bangladesh a small South Asian Country which is making progress in the technology filed field recently. Government has recently declared to make Bangladesh a digital Country. I want to be part of it, and I want to share my expertise to make this dream comes come true. Moreover, I have seen people suffering a lot because of our government officials having not having enough technological skilled skills to work efficiently. So, after completing my graduation on in Technology Leadership & Innovation, I want to help our Government on in that regard.

I am interested to have a graduate degree for two reasons. At first, I believe a graduate degree will give me deeper knowledge, which will help me to do research in the near future . Secondly, it will be helpful to make me more prepared for the job market . Moreover, I want to build an app for poor farmers which will help them to test soil quality and I believe that graduate degree on that particular filed will help me to serve this purpose.

My academic career shows my dedication towards my work. I graduated from North South University with distinction, which is a great achievement for an undergrad student. I am the founder and administrator of three nonprofit organizations which provide assistance to underprivileged people of society by providing education to their children and helping them to earn their living hood. Besides that, I am founder of a new marketing firm called 4P which provides professional marketing services to its business clients.

I believe Purdue university's master's in Technology Leadership & Innovation program is a good fit for me as it provides leadership skills in Industry & Technology, from evaluation quality to project management. Moreover, I have read some publications of Dr. Newton, which matches my interest . Finally, Purdue graduates are getting many lucrative jobs in the industry, which is motivating me more to be a part of this re-known university.

Thank You,
Mohammad Sazzadur Rahman
jrojas21 1 / 6 3  
1st Paragraph:
Since my childhood, I have a knack for Tt echnology.
I'm not 100% sure if the above sentence is incorrect but another way you could say this is the following: I have had a knack for technology since childhood.

I started using the computer to email my brother at the age of 9, which is abnormal for most of the kids of my country during that time . (is it still abnormal today or just during that time. If the answer is only during that time I would switch "is" for "was" it as "which was abnormal for most of the kids of my country during that time."

At high school, I camebecame more in touch with technology as computer was my optional subject during high school.
After completing high school, I got into business school.
( "got" may come off as informal. Maybe you could say " I pursued a business degree" or "I was accepted into business school")

During my Uu niversity life, I feel morethere is a necessity offor technology in business world and daily life. Then, I decided to do a masters on Technology Leadership & Innovation.

Aside from the grammatical errors, as a reader I feel like there is an abrupt jump in between the two sentences above. Also, the idea that technology is important in business might be common knowledge. Maybe you have a specific memory of how something you did in business or your studies would have not been possible if it were not for technology. I understand technology was always an inspiration for you from childhood and there may not be just one significant moment that really made you pursue the technology aspect, but maybe a unique moment. It might strengthen your essay, so it is worth a shot brainstorming this part

2nd paragraph:
I am from Bangladesh, a small South Asian Country, which is currently making progress in the technology filed field recently.
You do not need to capitalize the word country
my expertise to make this dream comes come true.
Moreover, I have seen people suffering is this past or present? if present it should be " I see people suffering" else it is " I have seen people suffer" a lot because of our government officials having not having enough technological skilled skills to work efficiently.

So, after completing my graduationdegreeon in Technology Leadership & Innovation, I want to help our Government on in that regard.
3rd parapgrah
* undergraduate student, formal essay so not recommended to say undergrad
This last paragraph feels like you jammed a lot of information into and does not come off as strongly as it could be, but this is just my opinion. Someone else might disagree, and I hope you get more feedback so you can make a decision on what you will choose to keep, delete, or elaborate on your essay. Good luck! :)

Home / Graduate / Request for Reviewing Statement of Purpose for Graduate School Admission