Spanish language assistan scholarship

Algarmo 1 / -  

teaching assistantship application essay

Hello, my name is Alicia. I'm applying for a teaching assistantship in an English-speaking country I I've been having a rough time to write my motivational letter. I would appreciate some guidance. Thank you. This is what I have,it must be 200-300 words:

Ever since I was a child, I have been in obsessed with languages. Every single one. I love hearing, comparing, and practising them. I enjoy finding out what a word means in English, how to say a proverb in French, and even doing simultaneous translations, in a rather mediocre way, of any foreign politician's speech on television. Over the years I realised that what captivates my interest are not the languages themselves - which they do - but the windows they open to the world. They enable us to encounter new people, distinct realities, and diverse cultures. In addition, awareness of foreign societies and languages generates greater interest in one's own, analysing aspects that had gone unnoticed by comparing, learning, and appreciating them much more.

After specialising in the English language, training as a teacher, and giving classes to people of all ages, I see communication as the ultimate goal of the teaching-learning process of any language. For me, communication is the aforementioned window to the world. In order to achieve it, it is necessary to encourage and motivate it, teaching the infinite universe of possibilities hidden behind a language, in all areas and for all tastes, which goes far beyond what is present in textbooks adapted to learners.

For all these reasons, I find this programme extremely interesting. It brings two realities together naturally. As a language student myself, I have had several language assistants who have been motivating me to find out about their native places, customs, and the language itself. As a teacher, I find it very rewarding to foster interest by explaining who I am and where I come from to people from other places, motivating them to learn beyond the curricular content and encouraging the creation of global identity and critical thinking about the world.
A motivation letter focuses on the reasons why you desire to work as a teaching assistant. It is not a discussion of your language exposure, interests, and relationships with your work assistants. There are 2 areas of interest for this letter, career and academics. How do you see yourself benefitting from the program? What can you contribute? How does the merging of these interests , as motivating factors create a unique motivation on your part? There is no motivation present in this essay. It qualifies more as a personal statement rather than a motivation. Note the change in focus that I am suggesting. create a true motivational letter based on it.

Home / Scholarship / Spanish language assistan scholarship