"To Teach" - What you would be in your future? Statement of purpose.

Syeda Rifa 1 / 1  
Few days back, my brother gave me an old copy of mine. I found the same question there, I was provided by my teacher, What you would be in your future?. The question I have faced thousands of time in my life and my answer is always same yet repetitive. I would be a teacher without any reason behind or may be because of my parents as they both are teachers. As I got older I started realizing that actually this is the profession that teaches all professions. I believe that a society can't exist without teacher that's why God sent Prophets for mankind and they all had the same reason " To Teach". As an English literature major in undergraduate, I have been working as an English language and literature teacher for one year.

Now, after one years work experience. I incline to resume my studies in Masters.
Belonging to a social setting where young women voluntarily or involuntarily rest their case to marriage, I nonetheless right after my college sought admission in University. Since my birth I had deep interest and passion to penetrate into the world of literature the reason of this craving could be my parents,typically my father, he himself teaches literature and it dwells in his heart and soul and that is something Im fortunately inherited.. Therefore I feel that this fervor of learning is my heritage that I have got from my parents. I started learning and reading verses and couplets when I was only seven. Being highly motivated by parents, especially by my father, I always striven to be the best student. So my academic performance has always been on the top of the class. Throughout my academic career, I was an active contestant of extracurricular activities, including volunteering, debate and speech competitions and other stage related activities.

I have done BS in English as my major in literature from IELL University of Sindh Jamshoro.
I have gone through all the major works and writers from classicism and romanticism to post modern literature I also gone into literary theories like Feminism, Marxism, Existentialism , psychoanalytical criticism, postcolonial criticism. These literary works enables me to look at the life from diverse angles and not only appreciate it but analyze it in different contexts.I developed all concrete knowledge and analytical skills necessary for a literature student. My courses that I took during my BS were Introduction to linguistics, Phonetics, History of language, Fiction, American literature, World literature and others.

Moreover from my teaching profession in adult education I learnt the best ways of human communication with the students of different mindsets and various mental capabilities. I learnt to work independently well besides working in collaboration with others.Further, my masters is a common platform to achieve my ultimate academic and professional goals to higher level education ie PhD.

However this is merely the beginning for I aspire to achieve much more. I continue to have thirst for knowledge and I draw a conclusion to follow up my pursuit in literature and with the aim of becoming a professor in literature for my life-long career. It would be a great honor for me to study in Sebanci University. It will be a pleasure to study in state-of-the-art environmment.

To further my career aspirations I want to obtain MA degree in English Language and literature because Im eager to learn more about historical, cultural and modern aspects of English society while living in such environment that can . I wish to make the most of my educational expertise and to expand my knowledge and working experience.As my long term career plan is to become a professor in literature with knowledge of Western and Eastern culture and societies. I believe that the turkey is other best place to carry on my Masters which drastically help me to provide me a cross cultural environment.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I can help to assist you with your SOP. There are some minor issues that you can correct throughout your paper. First, there are missing apostrophes. When you state "Im", you have to place an apostrophe in the middle of these words to form a contraction. It would read: I'm. Another error is putting learn in past tense. Learnt should be changed to "learned". Also, when you use ie, this should be in parenthesis (i.e. PhD.)

I will help to assist you with portions of your paper and try to assist you later with the rest of your paper.

1st paragraph: Open your paragraph with "A few days ago.." What was the copy that was given to you? Was it an old paper? This should be explained. Change these sentences to: "I found the same question there, I was provided by my teacher." What you would be in your future? This question I have faced thousands of time in my life and my answer is always the same yet repetitive .

The next sentence in your essay could make the reader confused. It also may seem as if you are uncertain about your goals. You could begin to state that as a child you grew up with parents in the teaching profession. When you got older, you developed your own passion or interest in the profession.

Here is another correction that needs to be made for these sentences: "...exist without a teacher. That's why...ability to teach" The next sentence should start a new paragraph.
OP Syeda Rifa 1 / 1  
Is that all or you will point out the remaining mistakes later on
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I will give you more assistance. 2nd paragraph: If you use two, this is plural so years would be correct. Yet, since you use one, you must use "year of" Place a comma after experience to combine the sentences. The rest of the sentence will read: "I want to resume my studies." I think it would be easier to describe it as involuntarily marry. Start a new sentence with, "Nonetheless, right after college I sought admission to a university".

Throughout your paper,you use commas after transition words (i.e. Moreover, However, Therefore). When you discuss the reason for the craving you had, this should be a new sentence. You should state, "at the top of your class."

"I completed my BS in literature..." I think you should replace gone through with "read". Place a period after literature. Gone into should be replaced again with "read". Enables should be in the past tense, change it to "enabled" and delete "the" before life.

The next paragraph, place a comma after education. Delete "the" before students. Delete well working besides and replace with "and". Do you mean a higher level of education?

It is difficult to understand the meaning of draw a conclusion. Do you want to continue to pursue literature? Change study in to "study at". Place "a" before state.

Place a comma after aspirations. I think you should end the sentence with the word "society". The other information is confusing. The next sentence belongs in the previous paragraph because you discuss literature but not the types of literature you want to study. If Turkey is not the country you will study in, I would delete this sentence.
Michele9 5 / 12 3  
I a m eager to learn more about historical,
avoid contractions

I believe that the turkey is an other best good place to carry on my Masters which drastically will provide me a cross cultural environment.

Good luckwith your career!

Home / Scholarship / "To Teach" - What you would be in your future? Statement of purpose.