Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

'work as an optical network engineer' - Motivation letter for scholarship

lood4ever 1 / -  
Hi everybody,
Its the first time for me to post something here.
really I'd like to apply for erasmus mundus "master" scholarship and I wrote a motivation letter
please I need your help in this letter

Dear Sir or Madam,

There is no doubt that optical technologies are key technologies for the industrial development in the next decades. In addition, working in telecommunications field requires young professionals who are well-educated, motivated and interested in staying on the cutting edge. Therefore, I believe that Erasmus Mundus Master Course (EMMC) in XXX will put me on the right way to achieve my goals.

My educational and work background equipped me with the qualities required to meet the rigor of your demanding program. During my studies at faculty of engineering, I obtained a broad and solid base in communication engineering field through textbook knowledge and practical training. I was very interested in subjects such as optical fiber and optoelectronics. It was very interesting to know how data signals can be encoded into light pulses and send across optical fiber and how fiber glass has many advantages over copper.

Besides my studies, I joined and organized a series of activities like short trips and sport meets. In addition, I enjoyed playing handball and I participated in the university handball team which involved in many local competitions. In fact, this affected my grades in the preparatory year at my university so I decided to change my plan to make balance between my studies and my hobbies. The next four years my academic performance was always on top of class.

While I was working in XX Company, I was very interested to know more about Optical Networks. Therefore, I joined an intensive course which was organized by the Egyptian Syndicate of Engineers. The course helped me to have deep knowledge about the concepts of optical transmission systems, Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and optical networking.

This course qualified me to work as an optical network engineer at YYY Company. This job has provided me with many advantages. First, it gave me the opportunity to match between what I have learned in theories and the practical field. For example, I have learned new things regarding fiber optics such as optical amplifiers, switching and optical communication system design. Moreover, I read a lot of technical papers about optical transmission systems and the problems that may occur due to high transmission speed like dispersion. Second, I had the opportunity to work with many technical professionals from multinational companies such as Alcatel-lucent and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN). Third, the company selected me to travel to Poland to attend a training program with NSN academy which gave me the chance to experience new places with different background and culture. However, I am very interested in seeking further academic and career development in this field.

Therefore, the (EMMC) program in XXX, with its advanced courses that focus on photonics materials and devices, non linear optics and optical engineering systems, perfectly fits my interest and career path and is considered a vital step towards my career success. In addition, studying in Europe and experiencing a multicultural environment will be a precious opportunity for me to develop both socially and technically. Upon completion of the master program, I plan to pursue a PhD and work as an optical network expert in a R&D corporation.

Finally, I am aware that studies in your program will be more intensive but I am confident that with motivation and experience I gained from my work, I will be able to greatly contribute to the program and I strongly aspire to secure admission in order to pursue graduate studies.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I am looking forward to your positive reply.

Yours faithfully,

Khaled K. Abuzeid

Home / Scholarship / 'work as an optical network engineer' - Motivation letter for scholarship