'I have worked too hard' - 250 Word Essay of why I deserve a Scholarship

kmurray1 2 / 1  
Please explain in 250 words or less why you believe that you should be awarded this scholarship

Between 30 hours a week an internship that doesn't pay and being a full time student at a local college, this time in my life has proven to be difficult. I have no car so I take public transportation and have for the last 3 years of my college career. Being on my own I've overcome many challenges and my financial situation is becoming unstable due to the rising cost of tuition. I will be the first in my family to receive a degree but I have racked up a large sum of debt and may potentially loose the opportunity to attend my final year due to financial circumstances. I don't deserve this scholarship because I am poor; I deserve this scholarship because I have worked too hard to end in poverty like so many generations of my family before me.

It is only 141 words and I'm unsure if writing more would help or if I'm being too aggressive. I get so nervous when writing about why I deserve a scholarship.

Any help in any way is wanted.

Thank you so much.
btxdzsz 3 / 5  
it's illustrate that you are not good enough if you do not konw why you deserve this sort of schloarship from your college
nmckenziedesign 1 / 2  
I would be more specific on why you deserve the schloarship, even though you limited to 250 words. You want to make sure that when your essay is read you stand out.
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
Great Essay! But talk about HOW YOU WORKED HARD! you wrote that you said that I deserve this scholarship because I have worked too hard to end in poverty like so many generations of my family before me. explain this to me. How have you worked hard? Give me some more reasons (GPA, homework, supporting family.) I know that you have worked 30 hours a week at an internship- everyone has to do that.

Home / Scholarship / 'I have worked too hard' - 250 Word Essay of why I deserve a Scholarship