Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 2

Your English teacher asks you to make a speech to your classmates to inform them about your team.

afsharapriana 1 / -  
Your school has many extra-curricular activities. These include a debating team, music groups, sports teams and others. You are the leader of one of them. Your English teacher asks you to make a speech to your classmates to inform them about your team or group.

Write your speech.

You must include the following:· which team or group you lead and why it is successful
· the qualities and skills a member of the team or group must have
· how someone who joins the team or group will benefit as a member.
Cover all three points above in detail. You should make your speech informative and interesting. Start your speech: 'Good morning, everyone.'

Good morning, everyone. I stand before you to talk about a group of people that makes my experience, here at school and in life, much more enjoyable and exciting. As some of you may know, I am Film and Video Club president...the best club that this school has to offer - in my humble opinion, of course!

The club has been around for just a couple of years, yet through hard work and unison, we have reached insane milestones that have landed our school in many printed journals and magazines. Just a week ago, my team won the Best Short Film Award at the annual Dhaka Film Festival. Winning that award was the result of our FAVC's unbelievable imagination, distinctive productions skills, unshakable determination, and passion - to say the least.

Each member of my team possesses the previously mentioned and more. Are we solely a well-oiled machine that is recognized in the country for its excellence? No...FAVC is more than that. We are the first and foremost a loving family! We enjoy spending quality time together through a multitude of frequent social events and we support one another through personal hardships. By joining our family, you will not only have the opportunity to gain professional exposure to film industry leaders, but you will also gain a solid support system.

The team is ready to welcome a new member; that member might be you. Be Determined. Thank you!
Well, the speech itself is engaging and has an excitement that will make the listener want to know more about the group. It fulfills all 3 discussion requirements, providing information without sounding like the speaker is trying to actively recruit members to the group / club. I just hope that the tone of the speaker will be as engaging as the written word once the motivational speech is delivered.

I have one point of grammatical concern though. There is a part in this essay where the word "the" as a connecting word, was omitted by the writer. It created an uneven sentence presentation in the paragraph. When it comes to information about the club, the writer may want to consider mentioning the name of the film that won the award. I know, it does not exist, but the speech is all about being creative anyway, so make up a title and story, along with the actual name of the award that was won from the award giving body. These should help further excite the listener / inform the reader about the club.

Home / Speeches / Your English teacher asks you to make a speech to your classmates to inform them about your team.