Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 3

What you gon' do with all that junk?""- BAD MUSIC; Global Issue

rochelle 1 / 1  
DESCRIPTION-MY "GLOBAL ISSUE" i have chosen is the fact that we are constantly bombarded with rubbish lyrics and even worse music. i started writing this but i didnt know how to continue....help?(speech must be about 2 minutes long)

Bad music: An Art Form

The entire reason music exists is because of its almost magical ability to push your buttons. An upbeat song gets you going, a sad song makes you cry and drink. But the more science studies music's effect on the human brain, the more bizarre things we discover such as lil waynes fans being named the "worlds dumbest fans". According to a recent study, people who listen to lil wayne regularly tend to have a lower IQ

Unless you live in the middle of a forest or under a rock, you will definitely come into contact with music in one form or another, whether its on the radio, while you are channel surfing or even walking down the road,there will probably be a taxi flying past blasting the latest song by big nuz

with lyrics such as What you gon' do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps from the back eyed peas to "I'm falling for you baby, I need a parachute / So wet, I need a wetsuit by lil wayne it makes me wonder how these people are actually multi millionaires

I think this proves my point that These days anybody can be a star. They put anyone who resembles a beyonce or a chris brown, put them in the studio, poison their voices with auto tune and various other technology and voila! You have instant success,millions of adoring fans and an obscene amount of money
Olesya 5 / 12 1  
This "rubbish" music is mostly rhythmic and energetic. People listening to it don`t rather care about words - they just need to dance or they are just in a good mood.

Don't forget about capital letters. And Beyonce and Chris Brown are without "a".
May be you can say that today people are just lost in a abundance of a pop music, they can't separate quality and fake.

At all - really very informal report.
OP rochelle 1 / 1  
thanks for the feed back!
the aim of my oral is not to bore the class
i want it to be something they can relate to

here is the full (unedited) report
Bad music: An Art Form

The entire reason music exists is because of its almost magical ability to push your buttons. An upbeat song gets you going and makes you happy while a sad song can make you cry and bring back painful memories. But the more science studies music's effect on the human brain, the more bizarre things we discover. For example lil waynes fans being named the "worlds dumbest fans". According to a recent study, people who listen to lil wayne regularly tend to have a lower IQ

All that junk inside your trunk?
I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.

I think this proves my point that These days anybody can be a famous. Producers will hire anyone who resembles a beyonce or a chris brown, put them in the studio, poison their voices with auto tune and various other technology and voila! You have instant success,millions of adoring fans and an obscene amount of money.

Back to the millions of adoring fans-some people are extreme in the way they worship celebrities-just a few weeks ago Justin bieber fans(who call themselves beliebers) started cutting their wrists in an attempt to stop him from smoking cannabis. In another bizarre story,a girl tattood drakes name across her forehead because he was quoted in one of his songs saying 'tatoo my name on you so I know its real'. There have even been instances where people get plastic surgery in an attempt to resemble their favourite celebrity. Now that to me, is beyond obsessive

In conclusion,Im not saying that all music today is bad music. There are some artists out there who actually deserve the recognition they get and then there are others, who are just famous for being famous as this video will show you

(cut to video)

Home / Speeches / What you gon' do with all that junk?""- BAD MUSIC; Global Issue