Your activities (up to three) to which you attached meaning and devoted yourself in high school

Miha 1 / -  
personal statement

Please write the personal statement with a focus on what you learned from and felt during curricular and/or extracurricular activities (up to three) to which you attached meaning and devoted yourself in high school.(within 1500 characters/200words)

In high school, I had the chance to volunteer to work at an orphanage for a day. I only had to play with the children there, my job was so simple yet I felt nervous and scared on my way there, but to my surprise, they were delighted that I would play with them, I enjoyed the many activities we had. It made me learn life-changing lessons and I want to believe that beyond an orphanage there is a journey full of hope for those children. I would later come and see them twice a month.

I also played in a street football tournament that took place once each year. The premise was to eliminate 9 teams each formed of 5 players to win a prize, we never knew what this prize was at that time, we were just enjoying ourselves. After every win, we climbed closer to the finals but suffered defeat in the semi-finals. Although we were frustrated and sad about our loss, we built friendships and memories along the way, which I will always cherish, I'm very grateful for this experience and will improve myself so that hopefully I will win this year's tournament alongside my teammates.
The response to this prompt should focus an activity that challenged the applicant's skills or, helped develop character through a trying moment that was eventually overcome. Think outside the box. These are safe but generally empty answers. The activity is too shallow in terms of participation, experience, learning, and in some instances, personal enlightenment. It will be better if you change the topic choices for the discussion. Allow the essay to gain more depth by showing some vulnerability that helped you learn about who you are in 3 personalities related to varied activities. These current activities may be used if the presentation is better developed in editing.

Home / Undergraduate / Your activities (up to three) to which you attached meaning and devoted yourself in high school