I had adventure first,explanations?Later / Common App

rossy 1 / -  
Common app essays..short essay prompt.Write on an extracurricular activity or community service you took part in?
below is my essay please i'll appreciate any help offered
Holiday at the end of my 11th grade was shortened. I had to wake up at 4am and singing every day, I lost my voice. Man'o'war (a leadership training program)was in my school but not having to eat school food, I was glad. We always ran and if you were late, you frog-jumped.We sang in languages I didn't understand. I doubt even the trainers did."Early morning tea" turned out to be jogging and falling (while still singing). We had a daily roll call though I wonder why as you couldn't think of being absent. Being the duty officer was so interesting. 'All sections sit up!';I always cracked up that phrase (of course I was cautioned for that). We had Paralympics and really you can't play football with no arms. Cooking in the bushes while fanning flames for as long as the meal's cooking time and cooking noodles with no fire.The first day I thought of hours of sleep I'll miss, on the last day,i realized I'll miss Man'o'war.I had adventure first,explanations?Later.

Thanks
petemess95 6 / 9 2  
I edited it so it is much better now, but I think you need to do some more explaining of what this program is at the beginning. Other than that, it should be sufficient.
averyk 2 / 6 1  
^Agree with person above. Explain what the program is about, what you gained out of it, how it impacted you, etc.
Great editing by petemess95! Now it reads much better!
As petmess95 suggests, you should tell them what this program is about and how it impacted on you. You give more emphasis on activities you performed there but you have not talked about what you have gained from that experience. However, you have presented your experience in a very interesting way!

Home / Undergraduate / I had adventure first,explanations?Later / Common App