The Aftermath of Rape And What I've Learned. Personal Statement!

asburyceline 5 / 12  
Any advice, opinions, correction is greatly appreciated! thank you!

In life we stumble upon questions, theories, and concepts that can't always be answered or explained, sometimes it's just simply the way the universe is. Never have I contemplated much about whether the chicken or the egg came first, or whether God exist or not, however, I've always pondered about why bad things happen to innocent people.

In the ER, things can become chaotic in a blink of an eye. Sometimes as I stand in the midst of nurses yelling, family members sobbing, and the police talking, I feel short of breath, almost claustrophobic. On a Wednesday afternoon, the ER was overwhelmed with traumas from cardiac arrest to car collisions. Perhaps because it was so hectic that somehow no one detected the barefoot girl with trails of tears running down her delicate face, wearing a torn, blood stained unbuckled shorts, and a shredded shirt worn the wrong way. Without hesitation, I hurried over to her with a blanket and wrapped my arms around her boney shoulders.

"If you don't mind, the police needs you to urinate in this container for investigation." I spoke softly.
Outside the ladies' room, I paced anxiously back and forth, like a helpless mother waiting for her child to return. Twenty minutes flew by before my intuition had me rushing inside like a mad man. There she was, a vulnerable, frightened girl hidden in the corner. As I sat on the slick hospital floor holding her as she quivers, the thought aroused, "Why do bad things happen to innocent people?" Will I ever know the answer? Probably never.

We, humans, are exposed, delicate creatures. It's inevitable that unfortunate things will fall upon us. The experience of volunteering in an ER overseas was life-changing. As I watched the little girl, and her family, I understood that I was once fragile too, but with each dilemma, you don't surrender, rather you turn it into an opportunity; to learn about the world, about others, and about yourself.
pookielookie - / 3  
This essay really caught my attention if you could just elaborate not only more on what happened to the girl but also how it impacted you it would be perfect :)
OP asburyceline 5 / 12  
okay i will! thank you so much for your feedback! :)
singh955 7 / 36  
This is was pretty good, but like mentioned above, you should place more emphasis on what you learned.

Home / Undergraduate / The Aftermath of Rape And What I've Learned. Personal Statement!