Android apps / Computers / OS / PolyThinker - Polytechnic Institute of NY University

MyMichael 2 / 5  
Please list any activities related to invention, technological innovation, innovative business plans, or creative accomplishment in the arts, aside from those you may have listed on the Common Application.

After I founded the company "Troubi Entertainment" there was a lot to discover. We are publishing our own apps for Android (iOS and Windows Phone are planned as well) and create websites. Working in a team and coordinating the time-tables was one of the major difficulties at the beginning, but we finally solved it by using fix meeting times (often via Skype) and by using Google Drive-Documents. I invite you to test all the Android apps I have made.

Why do you want to attend NYU-Poly?
I believe in computer science and its future, and I know that the NYU is an innovative university at which I am able to achieve my goals and realize my ideas. The NYU has a great focus on science and engineering - exactly what I want. Chances are high for me to find like-minded people and make them my friends and hopefully collaborate with them in the future.

Besides of that it fulfills all location aspects I have set to myself: near the east coast and in a large city.

Tell us why you selected your major or your area of interest.
I am totally in love with computer science. I spend a lot of time coding and I also try to understand the underlying concepts by reading comprehensive books. The last one I bought was "Modern Operating Systems." Virtually everything computer-science related fascinates me, but I find low-level concepts (OpenGL, operating systems, the C and assembly language) most interesting. I think science and art should not be separated, which is why I want to take design (-related) lectures.

How are you a 'PolyThinker'?
I truly believe that I am a PolyThinker in the way that I do not see things from only one perspective. Referring to my future major, I think that "science" does not captures all aspects of computer science, because there is also some "art" to it. Programs should perform fast *and* be user-friendly. It should be clear what is happening behind the scenes without annoying or irritating the user. Navigation needs to be clear and self-explanatory. I try to apply this ideology to most things I do.

If you could spend one day in New York City with a famous inventor, who would you like it to be, where would you go, and why?

My choice would fall to Andrew S. Tanenbaum. I have already read some of his books and they totally amazed me. In my eyes, he is a genius. Pondering with him on operating systems, programming languages and all the underlying theory is a real dream. I believe that I can learn a lot from him and I would be glad if I could also tell him something new he was not aware of, ye. It would not matter where we would go, maybe to the Central Park or a restaurant, it just has to be comfortable and calm.
abulkhair37 8 / 22  
I think in the why do you want to attend NYU Poly you could say that it is located in one of the greatest cities in the world full with future career opportunities. Large city on the east coast sounds a tad too simple.
cez 2 / 5  
WOW! You sound like a dynamo! Your enthusiasm for the profession and the school is apparent. Make sure your enthusiasm doesn't mask your professionalism.

"I have already read some of his books and they totally amazed me." "I am totally in love with computer science. I spend a lot of time coding..."

The words "totally" and "a lot of" are not bad choices but they sound a little colloquial. Is that your intention?

(The ) Chances are high for me to find like-minded people and make them my friends and hopefully collaborate with them in the future.
Besides of thatIn addition , it fulfills all location aspects I have set to myself: near the east coast and in a large city.

Good luck! I'm sure I'll be reading about you in the future!
mayfl0wer 6 / 48  
We are publishing our own apps for Android (iOS and Windows Phone are planned as well) and create websites.

Home / Undergraduate / Android apps / Computers / OS / PolyThinker - Polytechnic Institute of NY University