'big world filled with big opportunities' - NYU Supplement, what intrigues you

hyngchl1 1 / -  
"What intrigues you?"

With its strong urban center and distant natural beauty, the city of Hong Kong sure fascinated me into exploring deep into the thriving city with millions of sparking lights, displaying an immense side of the city's allure. What I found specifically intriguing was that the city was filled with areas of preserved nature despite the fact it has a huge population living in a small area. Unlike most cities, quiet, rural areas were easily accessible in just a few minutes, far from the pollution and bustling crowds of the city, displaying the unique duality between turbulence and tranquilness. As a long time resident of the suburbs, it was something that captivated me into thinking one gets the best of both worlds, in this such place. My experience with Hong Kong was like no other as it allowed me to develop a global view while broadening my horizons. Growing up in a English speaking environment, hearing a completely new foreign language everywhere I went encountering something sparked me with an interest of appreciating different cultures and those coming from a different background. I will always remember Hong Kong as the place where I first gained the uttermost respect for intellectual, social, and cultural differences, realizing that it's a big world out there filled with big opportunities and just as big is the vision I have for my limitless future.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you!
chalumeau /  
With its strong urban center and natural beauty, the city of Hong Kong fascinated me. I found the city filled with natural landscapes despite its high population density. Quiet, rural areas, a few minutes drive from the pollution and bustling crowds, worked as a tranquilizer to counterbalance the city's turbulence.

As a long-time resident of the suburbs, I was unfamiliar with such a duality. Having grown up in an English-speaking environment, I enjoyed listening to the unfamiliar languages and sounds of Hong Kong. A spark, a deeper appreciation for culture, grew within me.

I will always remember Hong Kong as the place where I first gained the uttermost respect for intellectual, social, and cultural differences. My world's a big world filled with big opportunities and a limitless future.

Here's how I would change it. Your use of the subordinate clause often confuses your meaning, so I divided up some clauses into new sentences. I also divided your ideas into three paragraphs. You may develop them more fully.

Home / Undergraduate / 'big world filled with big opportunities' - NYU Supplement, what intrigues you