"Bir Shrestha Jahangir House" - Letter of Recommendation for my student(UG Application)

Abul 1 / -  
Dear -------- ,
I am writing this letter on behalf of Xyz, who has been in my Math class for 4 years, as well as a member of "Bir Shrestha Jahangir House(BJH)", where I acted as a House tutor. Being in a residential school, we were extremely close to most of the students. During the time he came across as a very strong individual both academically and personally and struck me as a person with brilliant leadership and analytical skills. who also held the position of House Cultural Prefect.

Xyz was one of the most remarkable student in my--------- years teaching career and was certainly one of the most known faces of the school. He possessed exceptional analytical skills. He was genuinely interested in Mathematics and was one of the two or three students in my class who showed a propensity for understanding mathematics instead of following some rules to solve problems. However, his principle interest was in Physics, as he had the ability to intuitively describe physical equations, and regularly borrowed books from library which covered topics beyond his text-books. He was one of the few, who were genuinely curious about learning.

Xyz has outstanding leadership and organization skills/ability. He held the position of House Cultural prefect of BJH. During my time as the House tutor of BJH, I was constantly amazed by his devotion and dedication for his work. He was a meticulous man-manager. When the Current Affairs Display Competition(a type of stage play depicting current world events) -the biggest in terms of people involved- arrived, he singlehandedly wrote the script, acted as the director and organized about 70 students for more than thirty scenes in a cramped stage. I had a firsthand experience of the amount of hours he put into planning and organizing the program, most of the times working late into the night with his group. The program went flawlessly, and was adjudged the champion while also receiving the best script award. He worked similar vigilance all year round for numerous cultural competitions and programs. Whatever he started, he stuck to it till the end and gave his very best. In Cadet College, where time is extremely constrained, the activities he performed while maintaining extraordinary academic results is an astonishing achievement.

His personal qualities are just as impressive as his academic and co-curricular accomplishments. A responsible and matured young man, he had his fair share of family troubles as his mother passed away after battling with cancer for 2 years in his senior year, but he didn't allow it to undermine his strength and accomplishments. The circumstances he went through and the character he showed here, leads me to believe he would be a great addition to any University. I sincerely hope that you would be able to offer him a place in your freshman class.

Sincerely,
XYZ
Head of the Department of Mathematics,
XYZ

P.S. Cadet College is a High School, Where accomodation is provided in "House". British public school system.
Sic 3 / 6  
Honestly, I think this is an awesome recommendation. It is quite detailed and very personal.
sudhansu007 3 / 7  
Hey! you're nepali. I do feel that this is really awesome recommendation letter. By the way, I am Nepali too.

Home / Undergraduate / "Bir Shrestha Jahangir House" - Letter of Recommendation for my student(UG Application)