A Bird in the hand is worth two in a bush

proud 1 / -  
2.Describe a figure or movement which has provided inspiration within your own life.

My intermediate school age was remarkable. I studied toughly and became a tenth student in the Somaliland grade eight national examinations in 2006. Then I sat entrance exam of SOS Sheikh Secondary boarding School. This school is the best secondary school in the country and it is cheap and has a high quality secondary education.

I entered both Somaliland National examination and Edexcel exams. I graduated June 2010 and I scored both of these exams A grade. After that I have struggled receiving fund for my Bachelor of Civil Engineering in the neighbor countries. This became difficult as my parents and relatives were unable to do so.

In addition the employment and other opportunities in my country were very rare. However, these challenges haven't betrayed my effort of managing my expenses and helping my family. Fortunately, I got a job in Smart School in Burao, Togdheer, Somalia. I was intermediate mathematics teacher. The small income received from there I spent my living and my younger brother's expenses.

I am highly committed to support my family and whole of my community. Hence wining Master Card Foundation Scholarship and studying Civil Engineering Faculty in University of Toronto is a privilege for me. It will make true my dream of establishing Construction Company in my country where I practice my gained knowledge and build better roads and dams to harvest running water. I hope I will enhance young people skills and provide employment opportunity in my country.

Next time you will be suspended for failing to grasp the concept of a good topic title.
Mohamoud, did you accidentally post the wrong response for this prompt? There is nothing in the essay that you developed which shows a person or movement that inspired you in life. In fact, this is just an essay that would at best, be considered a personal statement draft and nothing more. The essay is asking you to think of the people or movements that have inspired you to become the person you are today. An example of a person who inspired you can be anybody from your parents or immediate family members, all the way to historical figures like Mahatma Ghandi. Anybody who makes you want to be a better version of yourself would be the figure who inspired your life. Or a membership in an organization like the Model UN or something similar which made you believe that you could be a better citizen of the world would also be an acceptable response to the prompt.

What you wrote isn't anywhere near the correct response to the discussion you are being encouraged to present. You will have to start from scratch with this essay. You cannot use what you have currently written. So think about an inspirational figure in your life, You could even write about some Hollywood actor or a singer from your country as the inspiration for your response. Those people would probably be closer in inspiring you to become a better person as the prompt requires. Right now, your essay doesn't respond to the prompt at all.

Home / Undergraduate / A Bird in the hand is worth two in a bush