Briefly describe how your past activities or work experiences will enhance our community. USD app.

sbc6 2 / 3  
HELP I don't even know where to start with this question due to the 'how will this enhance our community' part. This is what I have so far. I'm not attached to it; I may even scrap it. However, I would like some feed back on what I have down and/or suggestions. Thanks!

Q: As a Changemaker Campus, USD promotes entrepreneurship, collaboration, and innovation for positive social change. Briefly describe how your past activities or work experiences will enhance our community.

A: Working at Taco Bell, playing soccer, and being apart of Spanish Club have given me the experience I need to help enhance the USD community. I've met so many diverse individuals; my communications skills have been refined. Through trial-and-error I've been able to learn how important tone, body language, and listening is when communicating with someone. I believe that my good communication skills will help enhance the USD community because it'll help solve problems. With the right type of communication I can avoid problematic situations, help mediate others' problems, and convey ideas and questions in and out of the classroom more efficiently.
fahmisadja 33 / 33 34  
Hi there,

the most important thing that you have to explain is :
1. You should choose no more that 3 experiences, to make it clearly and specifically, tell your contribution in your experiences. what did you do to develop your organization or club? with your insight that you had, what will you do with the community? write briefly

2. I have tips for writing essay based on experiences. Unfortunately, I have told to many people who joined in this forum. But, Perhaps, You have not read yet, so I attempt to write it for you. Maybe it can be useful for you.

3.Here we go, Use method : STAR , your story should include, Situation/Task (what kind of jobs/responsibilities you tackle/handle or the situation that you experience), Action (what did you do to solve/accomplish/response problems/troubles/tasks/obligations/situation/experience etc.), and Result (what happen when you did your action). This method will help you to make the flow of story attractively.

I hope it helps, good luck then.. :)
OP sbc6 2 / 3  
Thank you for the feedback! Its also a 250 or less word count. Any advice on adding in something else that relates but doesn't' make it long and rambly?

Home / Undergraduate / Briefly describe how your past activities or work experiences will enhance our community. USD app.