Why did you choose University of Central Florida?

johnredcolt3 1 / -  
This is a rough draft of my essay for ucf and the topic is "Why did you choose University of Central Florida?" please give me grammatical corrections and also advice on what i should keep and take out

Ucf is a school that has always interested me because of a lot of various things. It's like university of central florida was constructed to perfectly fit my desires of a school. Ucf is conveniently located in a city that I have seen my self living in ever since I was a kid. Orlando is filled with many of my family members and is also home to many different activities. With a couple of family members already in orlando, transitioning to the school and also living on my own will be easier. Since this will be my first time away from home, having family members already in orlando has been a major factor in my decision to pursue this university. Ucf is also a university that will set me up properly for my career. Ucf is the home of one of the top computer engineering programs in florida which is what I plan on majoring in. Ucf is a school that will allow me to have the easiest transition from home to college life and eventually living on my own which is why I am applying to Ucf.

remember this is a VERY ROUGH DRAFT
vetementu 9 / 21  
One thing to change is that you should always capitalize 'UCF.' I'm also gonna rewrite your paragraph, fixing the grammatical mistakes.

UCF is a school that has always interested me because it seemed to be constructed perfectly to fit what I'm looking for in a school. UCF is conveniently located in a city that I have seen my self living in ever since I was a kid. Orlando is filled with many of my family members, so I have always felt a connection to it. Having family here would make transitioning to the school and living on my own easier. UCF is also a university that will set me up properly for my career. UCF is the home of one of the top computer engineering programs in Florida, which is what I plan on majoring in. UCF is a school that will allow me to have the easiest transition from home to college life and eventually living on my own.

This essay does need some help. I feel like it is very bland. It would help to add some specific facts about other programs within the university that have made you compelled to apply
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

You don't even mention anything about the academic program. Remember, above all, college is about learning. Everything else could be considered secondary. You need to mention something about the academics at this school and how the structure of the programs will help you achieve your future goals. We can help. - Admissions Advice Online
Sebastien, you should structure your essay around your choice of majors and how the University of Central Florida curriculum and educational programs can help you achieve your immediate goals for your future after graduation. The essay is asking you to explain what it is about the academic and social community of the university that attracted to apply to their institution. Talking about your family members living close by and thus offering you a solid support system during the academic year is something that might help, but only as a minor reason for your application.

Another way to approach this essay is to concentrate on showing the admissions officer that you actually have an academic path or outline that you created which fits in perfectly with the mission statement of the school or department you are applying to. I recommend that you try to revise the essay to better suit the requirements of the prompt. Your current essay won't work because it does not contain any solid academic planning nor reference to the reasons you chose the University of Central Florida in the first place.

Home / Undergraduate / Why did you choose University of Central Florida?