Why did you chose this major?--Bucknell supp

dark horse 4 / 7  
Please help me with this question .I am confused if this asnswer works for Bucknell university.Do i sound direct and boring ?

Why did you decide to chose this major?

I am a very attentive and curious student when it comes to exploring the relation between nature, science and human. I was always fascinated about how human life style was influenced by nature and technology. During my high school I had very good score in physical subjects like mathematics, physics and chemistry. It was difficult for me to choose a major that matched my interest and my potential. I went through various catalogue of engineering program. I then decided to choose environmental engineering as my first major.
perejdam 2 / 3  
Humans, scores.

Your answer is a bit direct. Try and make it more personal and add some voice your piece. You want your writing to represent yourself in a positive and enthusiastic way. People reading your essay should be thinking: this student is really going to thrive in our engineering program
...the relation between nature, science and humanity .

I don't think the problem is that it is too direct, though I see where Matt is coming from. I think it is too simplistic. How about if you use the Internet to find some articles (Google Scholar) and read a lot about environmental engineering.

Take a half hour or so to become an expert about what environmental engineers are doing today. Write about what they are working on. You must do the research and become an expert. College research writing starts now! :-)

Home / Undergraduate / Why did you chose this major?--Bucknell supp