College life, campus food, research institution, technical school, reputation; Why Virginia - Top 5

Drpnsmbd 1 / 1  
Top 5 Reasons I want to attend Virginia Tech in 250 words

Some can argue that college is about the freshman experience while others argue it's to study for a career. College is a life changing experience where one goes to study to become successful, to make lifelong friends, and to find a niche to be a part of. Virginia Tech is all and more of these aspects making it my number one choice of all colleges. One of the college aspects I am most excited for is the college life, and Virginia Tech doesn't cease to impress. With twenty-one athletic teams and over 700 clubs and organizations, there is no denying the fact that this school has the best college life. Surrounding the college is Blacksburg; a beautiful and safe town with many shops and restaurants to get away from all the studying, which I think is great. But the food in the town cannot top the great campus food, since Virginia Tech is ranked highest in the nation for campus food which is an impressive feature. Tech is also the best research institution in the state and copious amount of research opportunities provides excellent hands on experience. But the biggest make or break aspect of Virginia Tech is how it's a technical school. I am a die hard scientist and the fact it is a technical school with national ranked academics is outstanding. It would be more than an honor to be admitted to such a renown and reputable university.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I would like to help you with some of your essay.

You could begin the first sentence in you essay with, "Some may believe..." The latter part of the sentence you could change argue to "believe" again.

The next sentence seems to be your personal belief. I would suggest beginning this sentence with a transition word: (Yet, In my opinion). Ex:" Yet, I feel..." Since this essay is about the top five reasons you want to attend this school, this will make it more personal.

I think the next sentence needs to be more specific. It should convey that it meets all of your criteria.

The next sentence delete "the" before college. I would also like to make a suggestion when you describe the college. You state don't cease to impress, but you could state "is impressive in this regard."
- ButHowever, the food in the town cannot..
- ...topcompete with the great campus food,...
- Tech isThe institution also has the best...
- ---research institutionfacility in the state...
-ButT he biggest make or break...
- ...aspect of Virginia Tech is how it'sbeing a technical school.
- I am a die hard scientist and the fact it isthat it's a technical school...
- ...with national rankedranking academics is outstanding.

I hope my little remarks help. I actually believe that you can write more, however your essay is well written and a few more sentences will help enhance your application. The letter looks full and ready to be submitted and I hope my corrections help.

Home / Undergraduate / College life, campus food, research institution, technical school, reputation; Why Virginia - Top 5