Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

I love the campus, student life, and school - UCF essays

ashcakes 3 / -  
No longer than 500 words or a total of 7000 characters for both statements.

How has your family history, culture or environment influenced who you are?

Words: 450, Characters: 2596
Why did you choose to apply to UCF?

When my family moved to South Florida in March, 2001, my parents thought of my education first. They quickly invested in pre-paid college scholarships, and took interest in which schools I would be attending. At the beginning of high school, my parents and I discussed my college options. We decided that in-state schools would be best, and University of Central Florida was a very obvious option, with its appeal in many categories. Not only is it one of the top 50 schools in the country, but it also boasts a stunning, technologically advanced campus, and an impressive opportunity for education.

As a junior, my interest in college caused me to plan a trip to go tour the UCF campus, among other campuses. As part of my tour, I drove around University of Central Florida's campus, and walked through the student union. I loved this part of the campus, and could see myself attending this school, and fitting in. The buildings seemed polished, sturdy, and noble. The atmosphere of the campus was very cozy, and everyone was exceptionally friendly.

Another key point of interest was the quality of education. After doing some research on the school, I learned many interesting things about UCF. One that caught my attention was, "UCF is second only to the University of Florida in National Merit Scholar enrollment in the state of Florida." To me, this boasts experience and dedication from the administration and professors. The quality of education at UCF is stunning, and I feel as if I would be able to accomplish many things at this school.

In addition to the UCF campus, the area around UCF was an important factor in my decision-making. The town outside of the campus seemed lively, safe, and fun, and the apartments off campus were spacious and secure. I felt at home around the town, and loved all of the shops and attractions. In addition, there were a lot of available part-time jobs, which is a very important part of being a college student. Orlando is a growing city, and I would love to live there.

Clearly, University of Central Florida is an option for me that makes sense, and feels right. I love the campus, student life, and spirit of the school, as well as the surrounding cities.

Words: 385, Characters: 2205

let me know if you think they're good, strong essays, and if i need any improvements in any areas. :D thanks

Home / Undergraduate / I love the campus, student life, and school - UCF essays