Common App Short Answer- Guitar and Exposure to Jazz in Music Club

BluesPresidente 2 / 3  
I am wondering if I could get some feedback on this short response I wrote for the Common App:

Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).

By the time I entered Enloe High School for my junior year, guitar was already a significant part of my life. I had played for seven years already, composed and recorded over a dozen tunes, and had given solo performances in front of my entire school. I had experimented as a self-taught musician in folk, slide, blues, rock, and metal. Until I joined Enloe Music Club in the fall, though, I had no idea of the impression jazz would make on me. Last October, my school's in-house jazz combo played during a meeting for the first time of the year. That same night, as soon as I got home, I emailed the band director and asked him how I could learn to play this music. He lent me a book the next day, and I began lessons for the first time within the month. Soon, I was waking up at 3:52 A.M. to allow me enough time to practice. In May, as always, I performed at Music Club, but I did not play alone anymore. I played with the combo, and my journey with jazz guitar continues still today.

Thank you in advance.
-BluesPresidente
db2730 1 / 7  
I really like it! You explain everything in full details, well done! I wouldn't add or suppress anything.

Home / Undergraduate / Common App Short Answer- Guitar and Exposure to Jazz in Music Club