'competitions in Informatics and Physics' - i am applying to TSU from india

phoenix1991 1 / -  
There may be personal information that you want considered as part of your admissions application. Write an essay describing that information. You might include exceptional hardships, challenges, or opportunities that have shaped or impacted your abilities or academic credentials, personal responsibilities, exceptional achievements or talents, educational goals, or ways in which you might contribute to an institution committed to creating a diverse learning environment.

My father was a colonel in the Indian army and as his son I have had the unique opportunity of travelling all over India. This has not only bred a feeling of patriotism in me, but has also instilled an intense love of travelling. I have studied in a number of schools across the length and breadth of the country. While this put a major strain on my education in my childhood, it did expose me to varied and diverse people from different cultures. The periodical move to different schools in the diverse parts of India taught me to acclimatize and adapt to new forms of teaching and school surroundings. This exposure has made it easy for me to make friends and adapt to new surroundings.

I have completed my Secondary School Certificate ( Grade X) from the Maharashtra State Board and Grade XII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi.

After completing my Grade XII examinations I went through career counselling, which directed me towards Computer Information Systems. I took admissions in Ansal's Institute of Technology, Gurgaon, which has a twinning program with Tarleton State University. Since then I have come to realise that CIS is ideally suited to my interests, abilities as well as my skill set.

In school I was an eager participant in extra-curricular activities. I have represented my school in inter-school competitions in Informatics and Physics where our team won the first prize. I have also represented my school in debating competitions. Apart from these I am also a Green Senior Belt in the martial Art of Itosu-Ryu Karatedo and have won a silver medal in this field. I have participated and received certificates for English recitation, declamation and dramatics.

For my own enjoyment and leisure I spend my time listening to Western music, The Beatles are an all-time favourite, playing basketball, reading and trekking. I am currently learning the guitar and hope to be proficient by the time I reach Tarleton.

While my family has adequate resources to finance my education, ; in order to nurture a sense of responsibility and also have a stake in my own future I will be taking a student loan from India to finance my own studies at Tarleton.

I hope that at Tarleton is a multi-cultural college and it will help increase my exposure to new people and cultures. I hope and look forward to an enriching academic experience at Tarleton for my future success.
My father was a colonel in the Indian army, and as his son, I have had the unique opportunity of traveling all over India.

This has not only bred a feeling of patriotism in me, but has also instilled an intense love of traveling.---It does seem as if there should be 2 'L's in traveling, but as English is a silly language, and confusing, alas, there is only one.

After completing my Grade XII examinations I went through career counseling, ---here again, one L---which directed me towards Computer Information Systems.

Since then I have come to realize that CIS is ideally suited to my interests and abilities as well as my skill set.

For my own enjoyment and leisure I spend my time listening to Western music, The Beatles are an all-time favorite , playing basketball, reading and trekking.

I hope that at Tarleton is a multi-cultural college and that it will help increase my exposure to new people and cultures.

Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'competitions in Informatics and Physics' - i am applying to TSU from india