How can you contribute to the Honors College community? What benefits do you expect in return?

MrVictor 2 / 3  

UIC Honors College Application

In its mission statement, the UIC Honors College is described as a community of scholars whose goal is to enrich the education experience of undergraduates and allow the faculty and students of all disciplines to interact in teaching, learning and research. Please tell us "How can you contribute to the Honors College community?" What benefits do you expect in return? (400-500 words)

The UIC Honors College provides future scholars with all the tools a student needs to challenge him or herself and make the experience rewarding and memorable. Giving back to a community where groundbreaking research is made sounds like a challenge I'd be willing to take, whether it's contributing to the discussion or setting an example and being a leader. My motivation drives me to do more than what expected, I want to learn from UIC's top professors and be guided in my field of study. Resources, advisors, and the learning environment are all means to guide me down my field of study and put skills acquired to good use and change medicine for the better. UIC's Honors College is a supportive environment I'm looking forward being productive and part of social events with fellow students and faculty who guide me to challenge and be a leader.

Contributing to a great college with academic excellence is a good chance to be a leader, it is necessary to communicate well with others in my field of study. Providing advice, giving back to students, tasks similar to these will aid me in continuing growth for learning. Learning new subjects at college level is vastly different from high school level, so I will struggle with sections just like fellow classmates. Asking questions and becoming part of the discussion can help me and other students through difficult situations, and we can progress together from topic to topic. Last, volunteering in some of the 35 student service organizations provides me and others opportunities to speak on issues or questions we share.

Attending UIC's Honors College grants me unlimited benefits such as skills developed in the classroom, learn from UIC's top professors, and much more. First, the transition from high school to college will allow me time to settle into the supportive environment and prepare for what will be an exciting stage of my life. Second, I would like to develop communication skills and create bonds with fellow students, learning from them so I can thrive and do the same for others. Finally, the benefits from a challenging environment allow me to graduate sooner than others, beginning my career as a pharmacist and contributing to more than just the student community. In Honors College, I want to make the most out of my time there so that I can have an impact on the pharmacy occupation and give excellent service.

Honors College is a privilege for anyone who is accepted, where academic excellence is taught in the supportive environment. Being accepted allows me to join the diverse community and provide what I can offer. Being provided advantages such as earlier graduation, special facilities for only honors students, faculty fellows, and much more is the greatest opportunity a first year like myself could be chosen to attend. If accepted, I would be excited and prepared for the 2018-19 school year.

There are 482 words.
Victor, unfortunately,, your essay is all about what you expect to gain from the program. It does not offer an insight into what you can offer the program. This needs to be an equal presentation of what you can give to the program and what you expect to receive. Each topic should cover a total of 250 words each in order to complete the 500 word maximum. This is your chance to show off your academic abilities in the discussion.

"How can you contribute?" means you can outline your special skills, talents, and academic interests that will help to elevate the learning process of the students and professors alike. If you show a high level of academic learning or skills and talents, then your classmates and professors will also be forced to up their games. by telling the UIC reviewer what makes you special in the sense of what you can contribute to the campus, he will have an idea of how the UIC Honors College community will also be improved by your addition to the roster.

There is no problem with the "Benefits you expect in return" section because you wrote the whole essay surrounding that topic. You will need to cut that down to the most important 250 words instead. That is the only way you can present a balanced essay that offers a concise response to both questions in a manner that helps the essay to stand out to the reader.
OP MrVictor 2 / 3  
@holt Thank you for the advice.

Home / Undergraduate / How can you contribute to the Honors College community? What benefits do you expect in return?