"Customers are always right" OR"Teachers are always right"; Ateneo Application Essay

hanyoojung 3 / 16 2  
I did this much but I don't really know how to continue it..

I learned and I believe that "Customers are always right.", but it seems like it is not in consonance with the fact that "Teachers are always right." Because of an encounter with a teacher when I was in elementary, my perception of teachers being always right suddenly collapsed. I studied and worked so hard to achieve my goal, and everything just broke down when I got a really low score in one subject because of the wrong correction by the teacher. This incident changed me significantly both in my character and in my academic standing.

First and foremost, I was a consistent honor student since I started studying. I accelerated when I was in pre-school, and I joined a lot of competitions, especially in Math, during my primary years. My line of joining competitions cut when I transferred to my current school, since the school did not join any competitions. This did not stop me from striving hard. As soon as I transferred to this school, I showed my classmates, teachers, and parents that I can do even better than I did before. I memorized more than what was needed and I studied every day after school. Basically, I was a very diligent student. Out of all the subjects, my pride has always been on the subject Mathematics because I enjoyed and loved the subject since I was a kid. I could not and still cannot bear it if I get a low score in this subject.

I just suddenly realized that I wanted recognition for what I was doing. So I set my goal to be up in the stage during the commencement exercises, and be part of the top 3 students who will be recognized. I began even striving harder to reach my goal, and I believed that I can do it. I already had the confidence that I will achieve my goal when everything just broke down. This was when my teacher had a mistake checking our quarter exams. When I asked her why my answers were wrong, she just got angry and did not accept that she was wrong. I would have let it go if it was just one or two points, but it was more than ten points. I had no choice but to ask her again to recheck her answer key because I was very sure that my answers were correct. I had the greatest evidence: the book that we were using that time. She still did not accept it, and she ended up not correcting it. My grade in that subject went lower by five points that made a huge difference in my general average. This caused me to go down in rank in that final year.

It was also my fault that I did not join extra-curricular activities that was a 30 percent of the criteria in deciding the honor students, but if I just retained my grades, I would have been at least top because my grades were really higher than the one who got my place.
It's better if you had included your prompt or the purpose of this writing in your post. Then others can understand the contents better and also they are able to align your response with what your prompt really asks from you.

Because of an encounter with a teacher when I was in elementary, my perception of teachers being always right suddenly collapsed

... this is fine... However, this what I suggest;
Because of one encounter that I had with one of my teachers in the elementary class, my perception of teachers of teachers being always right, got shattered.

I studied and worked so hard to achieve my goal, and everything just broke down when I got a really low score in one subject because of the wrong correction by theteacherdue to my teacher's erroneous marking. [/quote
[quote=hanyoojung]This incident changed me significantly both in my character and in my academic standing.

.... Well this sounds a bit vague... how did it happen? better be more descriptive.
Precious Rex 1 / 7  
It was a very nice essay. I, for one, enjoyed it.
OP hanyoojung 3 / 16 2  
thanks for the tips :) sorry to say this but I changed my entire essay because it was kind of hard to continue it. Thanks anyways

Home / Undergraduate / "Customers are always right" OR"Teachers are always right"; Ateneo Application Essay