Descriptive Essay -my next move in terms of education

kielu84 1 / -  
Ok, I'm 24 and a freshmen in college and I am terrible at writing.

I have to write a one page 200+ word descriptive essay and describe in as much detail my next move in terms of education after attending this local community college I go to right now. Then I have to describe what specifics have contributed to my decision. I have no idea where to start or what to even say. Here is what I've said so far, can I build on it or should I start over? This is due monday so any amount of help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

************************************************************ *******
It all started at the age of 14 when I first became fascinated and was able to purchase my first computer system. As a result I became allured in this particular area of technology.

Every day after class I would go home and immediately log onto the computer. Consciously ignoring my homework I was spending hours on end chatting, playing games and surfing the internet. At the same time I blankly performed many career planning assignments while in high school. Yet none of them seemed to point me in the path I was destined for.

Later on after graduating high school I realized how much of society is run by computers and realized how much I was amorously infatuated with these amazing machines. Until then I had no apprehension of what I wanted for a career.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

The assignment is to talk about the future; what you want to do with the education you will graduate from this institution with, if you are going to continue your education, etc. This is difficult to do when you are talking about the past. Instead of beginning with a "rewind', how about just picking up from where you are now? Based on your community college experiences, what is it that you wish to continue on with?

It is OK to put a sentence or two about your past in the essay, but don't base the essay on that time period; it will be too difficult to connect to your future and stay within the word count required. With that said, your essay is a good piece, but will probably make your assignment more difficult. I would scrap this and start fresh.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
mialexa23 - / 1  
"education doesn't matter" - scholarship essay help

Hello... I am writing a scholarship essay on "what would you say to someone who thinks education doesn't matter, or that college is a waste of time and money?" I don't know where to begin...
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Begin by brainstorming what you would say if somebody -- perhaps a younger member of your family -- said something like that. Once you have your ideas down on paper, you can begin to organize them into an outline. From there, you can draft the essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Descriptive Essay -my next move in terms of education