Want to do different things; Why Georgia Tech & what I will contribute to the community?

thomas011101 1 / 1  
Short Essay(150 words limit)
Why are you interested in attending Georgia Tech, and what do you hope to contribute to our community?

Since I was little, I have always wanted to do different things. This made it exceedingly hard for me to choose a career, and even when I decided I wanted to become an engineer, there were still a lot of disciplines to choose from. Georgia Tech is the only university that teaches all the engineering careers I'm interested in, lies close to home, and is affordable. Furthermore, it has a vast range of research opportunities that will help me figure out what I want to specialize in, and a dual degree program that really captures my attention. Also, there is a lot of social diversity, something that I truly like after living in different countries. I hope to contribute a new intellectual and cultural perspective to the Georgia Tech community while I search for my calling by involving myself in many of the extracurricular activities the university has to offer.

Any suggestions?
batais 6 / 14  
Georgia Tech is one of the best school i have seen in USA. i have several friends who graduated from this school in master degree. my suggestion to you that you have to select the appropriate major for you and the major that has high demand today in the market. if I am in your foot i would go for IT security without thinking. IT security is the future of the job demands, you have to have lot's of cisco trainings CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, etc.
OP thomas011101 1 / 1  
Thanks for the feedback; I have thought about IT security but it just doesn't seem the right career for me. I prefer to building and solving things that can be transformed into a concrete object. However I do like programming and it will probably become a hobby of mine in the future.

Home / Undergraduate / Want to do different things; Why Georgia Tech & what I will contribute to the community?