Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Today's Economy/Moving"- Education interrupted

catty121 2 / 5  
Hi, thanks for reading and stop by to view my essay.
I've written an essay explaining why I changed secondary schools (3 times).
I would like for anyone to edit and maybe add your input of what I should add or change. I'm afraid the essay is a little to familiar or informal.

In today's economy, the average family moves twice every few years. I am one of those families in that static. Due to my father's constant job switching, I had to switch schools more than twice.

The first school I attend was a private school near my house. Although, I liked the school, the tuition became too much for family and my father relocated to me to public school within the area. While my grades were maintained, my ambition began to falter a bit, many people around me were not as ambitious as my previous school and I didn't have many friends. I finished the year out, and within the next year my father's job moved to East Greenbush were I attended a public school within that area.

My grades dropped dramatically, going from an urban setting to a rural environment was definitely a culture shock for me. Even though I found caring teachers that were friendly and helpful, the student body was huge and overwhelming and something that I was not initially fond of.

My father found work once again in the city we were once in and I was re-enrolled in the previous public high school I once attended. My grades improved dramatically and I had the oppurnity to take classes that my other schools had not had available. At this school, I was able to learn academically, socially and culturally. I was able to learn prosper and become the person that I am today, prepared for future endeavors and changes.

Home / Undergraduate / "Today's Economy/Moving"- Education interrupted