Home / Research Papers   % width Posts: 2

Research Project - Compare today's economy to "The Day of the Locust"

jrd761 1 / -  
I have to do a research report that compares today's current economic situation to Nathanael West's "depression era novel" "The Day of the Locust".

However, I just can't see where there are examples of today's economic situation in the book.. I can only see a couple characters who are jobless.. Any suggestions?
I can only see a couple characters who are jobless.

This seems like a tough assignment, but you can do it. It helps to read an analysis online. That is not cheating; it's using literary analysis to help you appreciate the stuff, like you are supposed to do. So google the title with the word: analysis

Google the title also with the word: review

Read the way its themes are explained, and really get interested. The key to life is right here if you know where to look.

When you are done with that, google this: america's economy

You are going to have to read a lot of articles, like 6 or something. Write a paragraph about each. It is not hard to write a paragraph about the main idea of an article. Do that for 6 articles, and compare each article to the story.

Home / Research Papers / Research Project - Compare today's economy to "The Day of the Locust"