Everything happens for good; PERSONAL ESSAY for Common App

bepe5n 2 / 8  
Question is Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?

I have tried.
This is my personal essay
Everything happens for good because there is God.It is beleived that god is the creator and ruler of the universe.Everything happens to his will. I did not get this knowlegde by birth; I learned this from the experience of my life.Even the worst case happens for good reasons but how?

My life started to get interesting after I passed class 10.I thought the hard word work I did on my studies should have given me the best available high schools but none preferred me.I got rejected;I got frusteted.Quality education is the key factor for my future plans.I phoned my parents who live in far city to tell the situation I was in.My mother said," Calm down! Everything happens for good because there is god." This words did not calmed me istead made me think deeper about life and god because at that moment nothing was going good im my life.

I had many sleepless night thinking deeper and deeper abbout life.People on earth suffer so much.Pain exist everwhere.There is poverty especially in unederdeveloped country like my country Nepal.In Nepal,people worship and pray day and night to god for their good but still there is so much chaos and conflict.Personally, I had to spend my childhood in hostel for my study being companied my loneliness.In hostel,I was discrimated in name of caste and even sometimes bullied.At that time,my mother was suffering from neuro disease.It was hard for me to smile and laugh.

Was this things happening for good reasons?Where is God in my bad situation? Do I have to always suffer?
I could not find the answer just sitting and thinking.I thought I should challange God.I tried to become a bad person.I joined A level institude and chosing A level is bad option here.At school,I disrespected teachers,broke rules,bunked classes and tried to be bad student. Outside school, I joined local gang, violated social norms and rules. I let myself fall in bad company.I even did not kept intouch with my family.I did all these just to see if God comes to me and saves me from doing crime.I also wanted to check if this could result and good. As said too much expectation leads to unhappiness.I expected so much from God but he did not appared.This made me more lonier and unhappier than before.Many negetive thoghts came in my mind.Sometimes,I wished to die.I was completly lost in darkness until that day came.

One day, my best friend told me to join a spiritual course help by Art of living organisation.At first denied but he after he shared me his experience of the course, I thought to give it a try. When we are in darkness,even a small glimpse of light attracts us. The course provided me the ways and arts to live a life. It taught me meditations and gave me spiritual knowledge.I felt like the spiritual practices took away my darkness. I have started to think positively.I have become happier. I searched God in form but he appered in knowedge.

With broader knowledge of life,resposibilities have increased. I have responsibilities towards Earth and every creature.It is not a burden;it is a responsibility that every one of us share. I have responsibility towards my country and people here,towards manking and humanity. I now beleive that pain and sufferings are inevitible but what we can do is keep smiling and face the problems.We should always think positive and act wisely.I f any bad happens to me,I will not get frustated rather I will use wisdom I have and keep faith in God to tackle the situation.I will pass the knowledge I gained to others and work together for better future of mankind.

Suggest some improvements and evaluate my essay please.
tayleeb - / 19  
You should change which forum this essay is posted in, as most of the errors are English related. Try using a spell-check, on Microsoft Word or even a website like www .spellcheck. net.

Aside from the English errors (spelling, subject-verb agreement, grammar), in my opinion, the essay should be more specific. Pick one thing that happened (this ONE time you disrespected a teacher, or gang activity that you witnessed) and then explain your experience with it (how it made you feel, etc), then go back and explain why you got involved with that.

Then, discuss your friend who helped you with the spiritual course, and explain how your relationship with God changed you.

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / Everything happens for good; PERSONAL ESSAY for Common App