It was an eye-widening experience ; Place where I perfectly content

yyc1 5 / 10 2  
Im not very happy with this essay so i would appreciate any comments or suggestions on how to make it better :)
thanks

Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?

Contentedness had always been a concept that evoked uncertainty and a sense of misunderstanding in my perception of its meaning. Never had I understood what could cause someone to posses this emotion, having lacked the outlook necessary to discern what it truly entailed to be content. There was always a negative connotation attached to the word in my mind, thinking that it would be a horrid feeling to be content. But, over time, I have come to understand my mistakes in the way i approached the subject.

I realized my misconceptions centered not around content, but rather its synonymous use of the term relaxation. My understanding of relaxation was not in line with the majority of people; beaches and palm tress seemed to have reverse effects on me as they did to others. The thought of lounging in a quiet serenity translates to calmness for most, but it was my equivalent to stress. It turns out, that even though peace and quiet are not my ideal circumstances, they are not what aligns with the definition of content. Rather it's what makes an individual fill with satisfaction, no matter what this manifestation looks like, that causes one to feel content.

My purest feelings of happiness and ease take place in a chaotic and fast-paced environment. Being surrounded by diversity and variety is what causes me excitement. It's the feeling that an unexpected situation can happen at any point. Uncertainty intoxicates me with the pleasure of feeling animate in my environment. Where I can look around and be flooded by the diversity of visual stimulus, causing my senses to heighten and awareness to grow. Where I can be a bystander, feeling as if I am witnessing the world change and evolve before my eyes. The concept is strange to consider; you cannot discern the impact every action around you will have in real time. But for me, there are just those times when i'm standing in the middle of a busy street, watching everyones lives progress second by second, and I have a moment of clarity. Long enough to be reminded just how vast everything is. These are the times when I can appreciate a crowded street corner or overflowing subway car. Observing every aspect of my surroundings, being comforted by the fact that nothing about what i'm seeing is something I could have predicted myself. Its unexpected atmospheres like these which truly consume me with satisfaction; they remind me to look at the world differently, if only for a moment, before engrossing myself back in my own reality.

It was an eye-widening experience for me the first time that I felt in this way, and it forever changed the ways which I interpret satisfaction and joy. I was reminded of the true sensation of happiness, and just how much it gets distorted in the consumeristic society we live in; always wanting more, never satisfied with what we have. In my daily life, I don't come across many situations where I am surrounded by strangers, and therefore have always been very aware when I did encounter a hectic environment. And when I do, I get the liberating feeling of being perfectly content; not desiring anything more than what is.
First, you should have a more meaningful title for your thread. (I had to attend to this one) It is the forum rule and it also helps you attract others for more their feed backs.

Well, I this prompt expects you to tell where and when you are most content, and then analyze the source of that contentedness. But I find a little focus is given to describe this most important place. It is true that it is about you that those admission guys are interested in knowing . However this sounds like what happiness means to you sort of and it is not well aligned with what the prompt requests you to answer. This essay prompt, like all of the options, is asking you to be introspective and share with the admissions folks what it is that you value , but it has to be told through that particular place or environment that you find perfectly content.

Home / Undergraduate / It was an eye-widening experience ; Place where I perfectly content