fantastic academic programs - Stanford Essay-Why Stanford?

NeoGeo 5 / 11  
What makes Stanford a Good Place for You?

I feel that Stanford's fantastic academic programs will help me determine what I would like to do for the rest of my life. Currently, I'm struggling with the decision of majoring in either electrical engineering or physics. This decision would be easily made if I were to attend Stanford: I could pursue studies in engineering physics. Although many other top-tier universities offer curriculum in engineering physics, like Cornell, Stanford's program stands out as the best match for me. Stanford's major encompasses nanotechnology, a discipline of physics and engineering that interests me greatly, one which I am considering as a potential career path. Also, as a person that has never participated in any sort of formal, scientific research, I would take advantage of Stanford's supportive, undergraduate research opportunities, especially those in nanotechnology or nanoscience, if available. Formal research has intrigued me for quite some time, and Stanford's support help me fulfill this desire, whether that means allowing me to join a faculty member's research group, or supporting me in independent research projects.

While Stanford's academic programs are the university's biggest attractions for me, I also really like how Stanford has Division-I athletic teams. Although I'm no athlete myself, I always enjoy watching a good football game. More importantly, however, about Stanford's athletics program, is the close-together community feeling it fosters. Coming from a graduating high school class of two hundred fifty, I like being a part of a tight-knit community. Attending the Big Game and other significant sporting events, that most of Stanford's students attend, will bring this feeling back to me, even though Stanford's average class size is much larger than a quarter thousand.
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
- "fantastic academic programs...": I can't find meaning here, unless you're going for straight flattery.

- Your conclusion is admittedly broaching a huge contradiction -- really bizarre.

Stanford's curriculum includes nanotechnology: this is all what I could make out of your essay.

You start poorly, and end really poorly.
Zlop 1 / 5  
You just need to be more specific about what you are saying, especially when talking about its sports activities. Furthermore I don't think there is an actual conclusion in this essay.

P.S
Im sorry if I hurt you (no pun intended).
either electrical engineering or physics.

Choose the one that will give you the most access to and experience with both. You can do both. Life is long.

I could pursue studies in engineering physics.

Oh, this is even better. Good idea, and this makes a strong argument for the essay.

Wow, I don't know what to say about Mutafa's comments. I agree with the criticisms, but I don't think they are that bad! ha ha, don't listen to him.

But for example, the "fantastic" athletics thing is too general. It is better to focus on all the ways their program, and even particular profs, will be perfect for you in your process toward becoming _________ (not just an engineer, but what is your real heart's desire in life, what is really important.? Just hint at it in a cool way.)

Home / Undergraduate / fantastic academic programs - Stanford Essay-Why Stanford?