GOD FATHER; Common App/ Character in fiction/historical figure

Iskander 2 / 5  
Topic:Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.

There are a lot of characters that made some kind of influence on me. Some of them are fictional characters and some historical figures. Most of these characters share same traits that I appreciate the most: loyalty to their live principles, determination in achieving their goals, smartness, appreciation of their family and friends, and quality of being true leaders.

But one book made a commanding impression on my views about o lot of basic and essential things in this life. The book is called "The Godfather". Don't get me wrong, it is not about the violence or criminal that I like in this book. I saw it almost every day on our book shelves but never paid attention, it was my father who suggested me to read it through, and so I did. After first twenty pages I just couldn't help myself reading it, and finished it in about two weeks.

First of all, after reading the "The Godfather" I came to realization that smart person should always think carefully before saying or doing something. And in my opinion it is one of the most useful rules that I learned. I must tell that I didn't become genius or the great sage, but at least now I try to use that principle in my life and can already see some changes in a good way. I also understood that determination and strong will are required to become successful and you can get anything and be anyone you wish if you keep on moving toward you goals, now I am trying to develop that qualities in me.

The best part of this book is the story of life of Vito Carleone, The Godfather. He is neither a hero nor a famous public figure that are usually described in essays like this. In fact, he was a well known Mafioso. He sailed to USA when he was a small boy, he had no family and had problem with health not to mention that he had no English at all. But he grew up in a smart man, with strong will, and great love for family (by that time he already had a wife and a son), he did what he had to do, trying to give them everything they may need. I don't appreciate the way Vito Carleone chosen in his life, but admire his willingness to sacrifice for his family, agile mind and great willpower. As the oldest son I also feel responsible for my family. But now I understand that it is not only family I am willing to help to but also my country. First step is to get the best education and become good, responsible and strong citizen of my country. Now days my country badly needs leaders and great personalities, young, intelligent, enthusiastic, with elevated mind and I am going to become one.
OP Iskander 2 / 5  
Thanks alot!And i will try to help u with your essay

Anyone else?Guys help!
black and white 7 / 30 6  
Ishkander,
Your essay is good. I suggest you to also tell about the changes in your nature that came after reading 'Godfather'.
Please help me with my essay.
mayfl0wer 6 / 48  
There are many characters, both fictional and historic, that have had an influence on me. Most share same traits that I appreciate the most: loyalty to their live principles, determination in achieving their goals, smartness, appreciation of their family and friends, and quality of being true leaders.

^ Way too many in a list.
OP Iskander 2 / 5  
Thank you!Can someone help me with the ending??I think it must be modified
Turbina 1 / 11 3  
You are not taking a look at others. Do not be egoistic...it is a friendly site.
OP Iskander 2 / 5  
Sorry,yesterday it was late and I was too tired to read your essay but I'll read I promise)

Guys I badly need detailed and truthfull criticism,because i know that my essay needs to be improved.Help!
Turbina 1 / 11 3  
You do not have structure in your writing. The same about the promises you make. I guess these are the major problems...All in all, GOOD JOB!

Home / Undergraduate / GOD FATHER; Common App/ Character in fiction/historical figure