'Healthcare Documentation Integrity' - essay for admission into an Art School

KWM 1 / 5  
I have to write a 150 word essay why I should be admitted to the program of my choice and also to include how do I expect the school's education to help attain my career goals.

Here is what I came up with:

Graphic design has developed into an art that can be seen everywhere, from magazines to billboards. The graphic design field is very competitive and to learn the skills needed to compete. I would like to be admitted into Miami International University of Art and Design. I have been interested in this field since high school, where I took classes in digital design and I also attended a tech school for graphic design where I worked with different community organizations such as the Orange County Medical Foundation, the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity, and Orange County Public Schools to help design logos, letter heads, and building banners. The knowledge gained from working with these real world clients has made me grow not only in my artistic and technological abilities but also intellectually. I expect that through attending Miami International University of Art and Design my knowledge, creativity, and unique ability will continue to grow because of the technical experiences and as the result of working with other students. This will not only help me become a better artist but also build a solid foundation to start my Graphic Design career.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Watch your inappropriate/incorrect use of commas as well as random capitalization. Since you have to explain how the school will help you attain your goals you should probably say something about those goals in this essay. What are you going to do with your degree once you have it? Your inclusion of a brief synopsis of your experience is good. Needs a little work, but once it's ready this will be a great short essay.
OP KWM 1 / 5  
Your help is greatly appreciated, I know I was missing something but I just couldn't find it

I will repost the new essay with the corrections

Thanks
OP KWM 1 / 5  
I have been working on the essay this past week and I still don't know where to describe what I am going to do once I have the degree. Should I make it brief or really go into detail on my career expectations?

Thanks again
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

I believe that the more of a detailed plan you can provide to the review board the better. That way they can see that you are serious about what you want to do with the degree; this tells them that it will not be wasted. Depending on word count restrictions, I always believe that a decent amount of details about your plans is a good thing.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP KWM 1 / 5  
thanks again Gloria

They wanted at least 150 words and I am already at 160.
OP KWM 1 / 5  
Here is what I came up with so far, it still sounds like I am missing something but I don't know what
...
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

Let's see:

I have been interested in this field since high school where I took classes in digital design and I also attended a tech school for graphic design where I worked with different community organizations to help design logos, letter heads, and building banners.

I expect that through attending Miami International University of Art and Design my knowledge, creativity, and unique ability will continue to grow because of technical experiences gained and from working with other students. Is there one class or content area that this school provides that you are particularly interested in or excited about?

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP KWM 1 / 5  
Thank-you again

I submitted my application today

Is there anyway this thread can be erased?

Home / Undergraduate / 'Healthcare Documentation Integrity' - essay for admission into an Art School