WHAT ARE HUMANS IF NOT FAMILIAR STRANGERS ON THIS EARTH. transfer essay..

triox99 2 / 2  
Everyone belongs to many different communities and/or groups defined by (among other things) shared geography, religion, ethnicity, income, cuisine, interest, race, ideology, or intellectual heritage. Choose one of the communities to which you belong, and describe that community and your place within it. (Approximately 250 words)

I am the oldest of all the children in my family, from both my mother and father's side. I was born in Houston, however my family moved back to their native country, Pakistan. I was less than a year old. Family is very tightly knit in Pakistan, teaching me how to appear and act with elders, respecting them and taking care of the young. I would visit and converse with the senior residents in my neighborhood and family, making them feel a part of society, even when a lot of the conversation would be confabulation. I played my part as an integral and active member of my community so that they do not feel themselves slipping away from human interaction , even when their minds did not remain as sound as they once were. I had grown accustomed to this lifestyle with having friends and family alike always in gathering and close to home.

An utter and absolute shock came to me, when my family moved to Dubai. The lifestyle was entirely different. All I had around me was me nuclear family, which was something unique to me then. However, I adjusted well at school. It interesting to know that the local population of Dubai is merely 15% of the total population, therefore a substantial number of the students and people were expatriates. Residing temporarily in the country, I adapted and made friends and acclimatized to the general culture of the country. This was an eye opening experience for me. Out of my class of 25 students on average the classes were made up of students from 20 different countries, cultures and races.

I am back in the States now, attending college. I believe my place in community is within the global community itself, as it is said, there are no strangers on this planet just people we haven't met yet.

thanks :)
I am the oldest of all the children in my family our family circle , from both my mother and father's sidematernal and paternal sides.

When you say "family" it generally refers to your immediate family and excludes your extended families.

I was born in Houston, however my family moved back to their native country, Pakistan. I was less than a year old.

I guess it's better if you combine all three sentences;
I was born in Houston, however my family move back to Pakistan, our native country, when I was an infant.

Family is very tightly knit in Pakistan, teaching me how to appear and act with elders, respecting them and taking care of the young.

With closely knit family environment in Pakistan I was taught to respect elders, take care of the young and behave well in family circles.

An utter and absolute shock came to me, when my family moved to Dubai.

Then my family again moved to Dubai bringing shocking changes to my life.

Home / Undergraduate / WHAT ARE HUMANS IF NOT FAMILIAR STRANGERS ON THIS EARTH. transfer essay..