'an individual, or man, and a state' - Application EC short answer

sw39ym 1 / -  
Wednesday is a day to enjoy - it's the meeting day of my Model UN club.
As the club president, my job is to arrange the activity that the club would have each week. Apart from teaching speech techniques and organizing debates, I sometimes talk about topics that I believed worthy to discuss.

"Today I want to talk about the question that I gave you in the debate last week. Does anyone remember what it is ... Right, the relation between individual and the state. But first, what is an individual, or man, and a state ..."

This time we talk about the social contract. Other times we would discuss logics, law, and justice. These topics all belong to one subject: philosophy.

Philosophy doesn't necessarily mean anything obscure, but simply thinking. Thinking brings wisdom; thinking brings delight. But most important: everyone is able to think philosophically. It's not a burden, but part of life.

Sometimes they told me philosophy was useless. I said: "Ok, let's compare philosophy with science ..."

p.s. 1 I'm not a native speaker so I may have made a lot of grammatical mistakes in the essay.
p.s. 2 The ending is some kind of ... weird ... because in my main essay I talked about how I participated in a research project and changed my mind on philosophy and science.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Here are some ideas for changing your wording a bit, nice work on this though, you have many good ideas :)

As the club president, my job is to arrangecoordinate the activities that the club would have each week. Apart from teaching speech techniques and organizing debates, I sometimes talk aboutintroduce topics that I believedare worthy tofor discussion .

These topics all belong to one subject: philosophy.
When grouped together, these topics are typically covered by the subject of philosophy.

maybe say something like this: "As a method of studying life, it is clear that philosophy is just as important as any subject, even science."

Home / Undergraduate / 'an individual, or man, and a state' - Application EC short answer