BU instantly became my top choice for college; Why Boston U is a good fit?

kunell 2 / 2 1  
In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission.

I first became interested in Boston University when I read about it on a college search website. I hadn't heard much about the school before this point and was anything but familiar with it. So I started looking further into it, and the more I researched the school, the more I liked it. The combination of a great education in a large city seemed like the perfect fit for me. At that point, BU instantly became my top choice for college.

What initially drew me into BU was its diversity. With such a vast amount of countries represented at BU, I knew that it wouldn't be difficult for me to find my place. And, just as important, find people who share my desires to learn and grow as an individual. BU just seems like the best place for a student who is highly motivated and eager to learn. The extensive abroad programs and internships that BU offers are probably what interest me the most. I am very anxious to gain valuable hands on experience from the broad opportunities that BU offers. I feel that these characteristics and tools, at Boston University, are just what I need to achieve my goals and contribute to society.
Talilah 1 / 2  
kunell
I first became interested in Boston University when I read about it on a college search website. I hadn't heard much about the school before this point and was anything but familiar with it. So I started looking further into it, and the more I researched the school, the more I liked it. The combination of a great education inand a large city seemed like the perfect fit for me. At that point (you already said "this point" at the start of your essay, maybe say it some other way), BU instantly became my top choice for college.

What initially drew me into to BU was its diversity (I like this sentence). With such a vast amount of countries represented at BU, I knew that it wouldn't be difficult for me to fit infind my place. And, just as important, find people who share my desires to learn and grow as an individual. BU just seems like the best place (an ideal place) for a student who is highly motivated and eager to learn. The extensive study abroad programs and internships that BU offers are probably what interest me the most. I am very anxious to gain valuable hands- on experience from the broadnumerous opportunities that BU offers . I feel that these characteristics and tools, at Boston University, are just what I need to achieve my goals and contribute to society. (good idea for your last sentence, but it sounds a little abrupt)

this is the first essay I've commented on, so if I messed up with all the font colors and comments and stuff, sorry! :3 I'm going to put up my essay for Bowdoin soon, and I'd really appreciate it if you looked it over for me too (it's really rough right now and waaay over the word limit.) Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / BU instantly became my top choice for college; Why Boston U is a good fit?