"interest towards engineering" - purdue university admission

sathvik27 2 / 4  
Engineering, according to me engineering is applying our knowledge of math and science to create a path for future.
Math and science have been known from ancient times. but why is that all the growth has occurred only in the past 300 years.? why not people who existed thousands of years develop as we did.?. The answer lies in engineering. We engineered our knowledge of science or in other words we applied our knowledge of sciences to make this world a better place to live. Whereas the ancient civilizations just put their knowledge to books rather than applying them. I always saw engineering as a powerful tool to improve the human standard of living. So I nurtured this view in my mind from my childhood. This leaves me always curious to explore the field of engineering.

Engineering has always been a field full of voids...!! though it may seem that we have created solid technology for perfect life,it always has areas which have to be uncovered. if we don't see those areas or if we leave them unnoticed that's when our growth stops. On the other hand if we have radical thinkers who can lead us to ground breaking technology then our growth curve tends to infinite. So through Purdue I want to be one of those radical thinkers who will set a new course to this world.

There was thought on which I had been researching from my 10th grade. That is nuclear propulsion in deep space aircraft. When I was in my 10th grade I was in India and we were being taught about nuclear physics. I learned how the nuclear reactions can give tremendous amount of energy and all of the other subject related to nuclear fission,fusion,nuclear reactors and all the other basics of nuclear technology. I then thought.."how about putting a nuclear reactor in the combustion chamber of main rocket". I thought of this idea because I learned that all the bulk parts of the rocket are just used for fuel purposes and then are detached before the rocket enters into the orbit. So I thought of a way to reduce the bulk increase the speed,distance and efficiency of the spacecraft . That's how I crossed my way with nuclear propulsion. Later on I did a lot of research on this subject and drew an amateur blue print of my hypothetical nuclear propelled rocket. I wanted this to happen because through this we can achieve even higher speeds and travel longer distances. I was so serious about it that I even forgot to sleep while researching on it. I concluded that nuclear propulsion is best because it can give the rocket a huge amount of specific impulse compared to the conventional hybrid propulsion. We can also achieve higher speeds due to high amount energy rushing out and also due to high pressure between the gases and the nozzle. i know that my idea is in raw stage but i want to see it as a finished product. I recently came to know that this idea is being researched. I am not disappointed that I am not the first one to get that idea. In fact I am even more excited because now I have a ready platform for continuing my research.

I am confident that my zeal and unending interest towards engineering will help me reach my goal. I am aware that Purdue is ranked among the top elite aerospace colleges in the world. For me to reach my goal I need to be an aerospace engineer. For that I chose Purdue to be the platform. This is because of Purdue's rich history and reputation in this field. Purdue is known to have produced 22 outstanding astronauts among whom is Neil Armstrong the first man on moon. It also known for the first college-owned airport. With this huge history and vast research resources I believe that Purdue is the right place for me. If given a chance,through Purdue I want to prove myself to be a new age thinker who can contribute to this world through engineering.

Math and science have been known from ancient times. But why is it that all the growth has occurred only in the past 300 years? ----Look at how I fixed this sentence. You DO need a capital letter at the beginning of every sentence, but you do NOT need a period if you already have a question mark. And I added the word "it." That is a complex kind of sentence, but you did a good job! It just needed a small adjustment.

why not Begin with a capital letter: Why did people who existed thousands of years not develop as we did? did.?.

When you use dialogue, you need a capital letter to start that quoted sentence:
I then thought, "How about putting...

Always capitalize the word "I"----> I know that my idea is in a raw stage, but I want to see it as a finished product.

I am confident that my zeal and unending interest in engineering will help me ----I am confident, too! You are obviously a great thinker. I can't wait to ses what you create to improve this global village!

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "interest towards engineering" - purdue university admission