Why are you interested in attending Gatech

geniz 1 / -  
Thrilled to have ever found out about Georgia Tech, I fully knew it was the school for me when I realized the amazing courses and programs they had to offer. I can already imagine myself strolling out of a mechanical engineering class with major internship opportunities at every corner and the chance to work at a major company at my fingertips. And with the help of extra-curricular activities such as the basketball varsity club and student organizations I will find it easy to blow off some steam from all the stress of school work.

Georgia Tech is one university that has been on my list of colleges since middle school. By going to Georgia Tech I will not only be able to bring large progress to the development of my country but I will also be able to accomplish my own lifelong dream of becoming an aeronautic engineer.
kc1099 6 / 21 2  
Good essay so far. However, I think that you need to be more specific on what makes Georgia Tech different from another technical institution/college. For example, when you said "with the help of...student organizations" maybe you can give an example of which activities you would be interested in by doing some research on their website. Specificity is always good for why ____ essays!
khatanbuuveibold 4 / 8 2  
I agree with @kc1099. I don't really get what you're trying to say when you write "bring large progress to the development of my country" . Do you mean that through aeronautical engineering, you will help your country? If so, it isn't clearly stated in the essay.
Ngene, there is nothing in your essay that clearly indicates your choice for GAtech. You are speaking of information that can apply to any university in the country. Which proves that you are not very truthful about your claim that GAtech has been your choice school since middle school. Anybody who has chosen a university to attend since middle school would be more than familiar with the academic institution and have clear concepts and ideas as to why he chose the school early on.

You need to go back and write a fresh essay. One that shows you actually are familiar with the school. If you wish to have a better developed essay, do some research about the notable professors in the engineering department that you hope to have as mentors. One of the main reasons that a university is chosen by a student has to do with the learning experience that he wishes to have. So in your case, you can refer to the professors who could inspire you to learn and become a world class engineer. Just one name will be sufficient to fulfill that response.

This current essay does not work at all because there is no real background nor connection or clear reference to why you chose GAtech. Try to create a more realistic sense of why you chose the school. Don't be vague like you are now. The reviewer will not be impressed with such a generic stance in your essay.

Home / Undergraduate / Why are you interested in attending Gatech