JHU essay. Globalization esaay.

skyworthy 3 / 17  
Johns Hopkins offers 50 majors across the schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering. On this supplement, we ask you to identify one or two that you might like to pursue here. Why did you choose the way you did? If you are undecided, why didn't you choose? (If any past courses or academic experiences influenced your decision, you may include them in your essay.)

Thanks guys!!

The emergence of the internet catalyzed the world's inevitable globalization. The life my generation experience is much difference than that of the past. In order for a person to lead in his field of study, not only is he expected to be intelligent, but also someone who is able to cooperate internationally for success. Learning from Johns Hopkins University more about the global culture, I want to be a person who encourages global cooperation.

I choose to pursue international studies because I have come to treasure diversity from experiences that provoked, and challenged my narrow worldview. Having lived in four different countries, and having gone to ten different schools, I have naturally interacted with people from different parts of the world. And they started to broaden my worldview. People from the remotest places of the world taught me that either with chopsticks or a fork, eating could be done. I learned that with Chinese herbal medicine, or an American pill, back pains can be remedied. I realized that slurping during meals, and saying "excuse me" when leaving the dining table are both table manners.

When I experienced other people and their cultures, I saw the immense differences. When differences existed, I was compelled to think about them and examine how I and my culture differed. I observed how others dealt with a situation, and I continually compared and contrasted with the approaches I had taken. I estimated and measured, neglected or accepted the different ways. Diversity helped me to find the best approaches to a problem by thinking flexibly from many different angles. Because diversity provided the opportunity to search for the best approach not just by myself, but with others, I began to even more treasure diversity.

Within the international community, the diversity is abundant. Within international studies, infinite opportunities await. Because studying international studies enhances my understanding of the global community, and its constituents with whom I will work, I passionately anticipate pursuing international studies at Johns Hopkins University.
I choose to pursue international studies because I have come to treasure diversity because of experiences that have provoked and challenged my narrow worldview.

Having lived in four different countries, and having gone to ten different schools, I have naturally interacted...

I observed how others dealt with particular situations , and I continually compared...

Because diversity provided the opportunity to search for the best approach not just by myself, but with others, I began to treasure diversity even more.

Within the international community, the diversity is abundant.
capitalize Internet.

The way you write is powerful. You are expressing yourself powerfully even through cultural barriers.

The life my generation experience is much difference very different from t hat of the past.

I want to be a person who encourages global cooperation.----nice job, this is powerful writing.

Nice job! You can make it stronger by adding a few details about your plan.

Home / Undergraduate / JHU essay. Globalization esaay.