"the key to the future you seek?" - Georgetown

Keontri23 1 / 1  
Please help me. I'm not sure if this fits the description of a creative essay. Criticism is much so welcomed. After I wrote it (or typed it) I kinda began to think that the whole key theme was too weird (too late now). But when I was in class the key symbolized: power knowledge, guardianship, and trust, which is what I tried to incorporate in my essay. Doors can be describe (symbolically) as a portent of change. Please let me know if you see any mistakes in grammar as well. Thanks!

Subject: Please submit a brief essay, either personal or creative, which you feel best describes you

"Do you possess the key to the future you seek?"
A shining double-door appeared in the gray void that surrounded me. Although it wasn't open, I could see what was beyond it. There were feeling of mutual trust and understanding. I could see people from different nations and cultures working together to figure out cure for diseases and other global concerns. The voice repeated. "Are you the key to unlocking this future?" I said nothing. I looked around my neck, but my key wasn't there. "What kind of key do you want?" I tried to say, but a cold breeze lifted me up and threw me into the gray void.

I woke up to the cold wind blowing through my window. My house key was still on the lanyard around my neck. Lying down, I waved my hands through the flowing curtains next to me and grabbed my alarm clock. "5 AM", I muttered. My world was quiet, and I could think. I've always wanted to change the world for the better but I often wonder about what makes me significant; what "key" I possess in order to do so.

"You make it you goal to always understand people's point of view- guardianship" resonated in my mind. In the harsh years of middle and high school, I've seen my classmates abandon each other in order to get to the number one spot in class or if they think a person is too awkward. Even though I really think grades are important, my personal goal is for everyone to strive and the only way we can do it, is if we do it together. Therefore, I make it my priority to motivate and help other people. Sometimes people need to know that someone wants them to strive, and that's what I made my job to do.

"You always try to find an answer to challenges- knowledge" is the next thing that appeared in my mind. I love challenges and puzzles, and will do anything to try and solve it if it's for the good of others. Every day, as I read online about global problems, such as overpopulation, and global warming, I try to think and discuss with my mentors about how to solve such dilemmas. As long as there are problems in the world, I definitely won't back down, and will keep striving for an answer for the sake of eventual world peace.

Finally, "You try to start new things- initiation" is the final answer that entered my head. When I was in school, I always tried to start new things no matter how outrageous. Since my school didn't offer any clubs, I tried to start a new club in international studies. Another example is when I initiated exchanging Christmas gifts aka "Secret Santa". At first, they were wary of the idea, but in the end they all loved their gifts and they even became closer friends. It made me feel good that I was able to start something beneficial for others.

I took a deep breath and placed my feet on the frigid floor. My desk consisted of books of many different cultures, so I picked a book at random and walked outside.

A powerful wind roared and then dissipated. Light radiated at the horizon; it was morning. The key that was always around my neck reflected the glow of the Sun. "The world is such a great place" I began. "But, we as people can only realize this when we begin to work together and trust each other." The sun ascended skywards.

"As long as I always try to reach out to people, take on challenges for their sake, and am willing to start new things for them, I'll become the key to a better world: the world that I envisioned."
susmi007 1 / 8  
it's really very creative.. i like your essay. Best of luck.

(Can you help me with my essay?.. I'll really appretiate that.)

Home / Undergraduate / "the key to the future you seek?" - Georgetown