'In a large international company' - Why UChicago

abnk599 2 / 4  
I am an international student, even though English is actually the language I usually speak. Nonetheless can you look at grammar as well?Thanks

Question 1. How does the University of Chicago, as you know it now, satisfy your desire for a particular kind of learning, community, and future? Please address with some specificity your own wishes and how they relate to UChicago.

To start with, I am thinking about doing a major in economics because I am equally interested in
mathematics, social sciences and languages. On the other hand, I have a wide range of hobbies and additional
interests, which I want to explore more while studying in the college. UChicago offers
a great selection of available courses, including many appealing minors. For instance, it gives a chance to take English & Creative Writing
course as a minor and it is exactly what I want as writing both fictional and not has been my hobby for
the most of my conscious life. Cinema and Media Studies is another area of studies which interests me
tremendously, even though I am not intending to pursue a career directly in that area. However the
main reason for me to apply to the University of Chicago is the fact that it offers Chicago Careers in
Journalism Program. I have had a huge dilemma whether I should choose economics or journalism for
the last three years and this program seems to be a perfect solution.
I find BA economics in the University of Chicago course rigorous and diverse and it is exactly what I am
looking for, as I want to work hard and gain skills in knowledge in a wide range of economic-related
modules, such as banking, finance and game theory. Also I am sure that in order to have a better
understanding of the economics you should live in a business atmosphere, in a city which is capital, Chicago can definitely be called one, being of one of the most important business centers in the world.

I set myself ambitious goals and do everything in order to achieve them. In future I see myself working
in a large international company, communicating with people, utilizing my knowledge of languages,
economics and mathematics gained in the University of Chicago. I look forward to stressing about
meeting deadlines and to fine-tuning financial models. I am absolutely certain that the University of
Chicago is a perfect choice for me as I can benefit tremendously from the flexibility of the given courses
and their uniqueness
HEast22 3 / 6  
what can you contribute to the college that sets you apart from the rest? good other than that

Home / Undergraduate / 'In a large international company' - Why UChicago