Leonard N. Stern School of Business + Business + to invite Steve Jobs - NYU essays

brian93 1 / -  
Omg.. I got only one more day to submit my final application.
Help me out with these essays !!!

-Please tell us what led you to select both your anticipated academic area(s) of study and the NYU school / college / program or the Abu Dhabi campus. What interests you most about your intended discipline? Mention any extracurricular or non-school-related activities or experiences that demonstrate your interest.

I am interested in NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business because it is part of my life plan. During my generation, there will be many great business leaders who will make enormous change to future economy, environment, and world. I plan to be part of those active members. Whenever I look at something, first question that hits my mind is "What aspect of that thing grabs the customer's attention and will improve to make more profits." I always wanted to change because change brings the new idea.

-NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

The world became so small that one of my friends that I met during studying abroad was a daughter of my mom's old friend. I moved to California to study English and then to China to study Chinese. And now, I plan to move to New York City to study business. By attending to NYU, I can learn many different cultures and make friends from all around the world. I am a person who has played basketball games with over 15 different ethic groups. NYU will be the synergy to my strength.

-If you had the opportunity to bring any person -- past or present, fictional or nonfictional -- to a place that is special to you (your hometown or country, a favorite location, etc), who would you bring and why? Tell us what you would share with that person.

I would like to invite Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Inc, to my current high school in China. I want to ask him, what change should I make to have an impact on this society. Steve Jobs is known for his innovative ideas and ability of taking the risk successfully. I want to have those kinds of merit, which can strikes the people with an enormous shock that can grab the world's attention. Also, I will ask him to give me some advices how to create my own company and derive to be the best of all.
vienna_v 3 / 6  
I am interested in NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business because it is part of my life plan

-How? (I know there's a small character limit, but that's a pretty vague statement...)

The world became so small that one of my friends that I met during studying abroad was a daughter of my mom's old friend.

-This sentence is a little awkward. "The world became so small" isn't really the right way to day it--try "Sometimes the world feels small. For example..." or something like that.

I can learn many different cultures

-Learn cultures? Do you mean learn about cultures?

Good answers, just a few things here and there! :)

Home / Undergraduate / Leonard N. Stern School of Business + Business + to invite Steve Jobs - NYU essays