: My life is my chair"; Common APP Q4 - The Internet Is Where Im Content

Slokh 1 / -  
My life is my chair. Countless hours spent everyday for the past ten years in a chair. A throne. A pilot seat. A shelter where I am disembodied from the distractions around me and I can control the direction I head in. This chair serves as the port between the person my loved ones know and the person I strive to be. I can be an adventurer traveling around the world, a scholar teaching himself the wonders of the universe, a musician awaiting his audience's applause, an artist expressing his deepest emotions, and much more. The internet, though having caused me ridicule and disdain from my peers, has been important in my development as a person and my growth in knowledge. A defining part of my personality, there is no other place which has made me feel complete.

As a person who is interested in a variety of subjects, the internet has given me the opportunity to learn much more than the average school curriculum allows. Quantum physics, the history of technology, programming, the inner workings of technological devices and astronomy are just the tip of an immense amount of information at my fingertips. Through my strife to acquire more knowledge about my various interests, I have encountered a plethora of people, all varying in their background, who are more similar to me than anyone I have shaken hands with. Hidden away behind their monitors, even those too shy can seem to be the most extroverted person, able to engage in discussions without the fear of being judged. The encouragement I have received to pursue my interests has led me to make decisions that will not only be in my best interest, but will be enjoyable and help me in the future.

Over the years, my attachment to the internet has allowed me to have acquire friends from around the world with similar interests as mine. As a somewhat introverted person, I eagerly await the moment each day when I can log onto the computer and converse. Though these people may be strangers, they allow me to express myself as if I had known them for years. My discussions with them have also allowed me to have an in depth understanding of everyday life in many different countries. The different circumstances surrounding each individual's life has caused me to reevaluate the life I have been given in comparison to them. Knowing people who live in poorer countries, my gratefulness for my standard of living has increased. Likewise, knowing people who have obtained a higher education has led me to focus my mind on my education. The influence they have on me is not only one-sided towards me; I give feedback and insight to those who would do the same for me.

There is no physical environment in which I feel perfectly content. An environment is defined as the surroundings or conditions in which a person operates. I have spent most of my life browsing the web, teaching myself, and meeting new people. I operate on the Internet. A person feels content when they find a place where they belong and are accepted by the other people around them. Being a person who is quiet and reserved in each class, I was able to find acceptance in this virtual environment, which eventually allowed me to be perfectly content. The contribution of the Internet on my life is more significant than anyone who glances at me would realize. My experiences have made me more inquisitive, by always trying to learn more about a topic I find interesting, and more open-minded and accepting of other people, though they may be different than me. As I have grown from a child to the young adult I am today, there has been one constant all along, the Internet, in all its glory, has and will always be there for me.
JayuPatel 1 / 7  

As a person who is interested in a variety of subjects, the internet has given me the opportunity to learn much more than the average school curriculum allows. Quantum physics, the history of technology, programming, the inner workings of technological devices and astronomy are just the tip of an immense amount of information at my fingertips. Through my strife to acquire more knowledge about my various interests, I have encountered a plethora of people, all varying in their background, who are more similar to me than anyone I have shaken hands with. Hidden away behind their monitors, even those too shy can seem to be the most extroverted person, (this just dosent sound right to me?) able to engage in discussions without the fear of being judged. The encouragement I have received to pursue my interests has led me to make decisions that will not only be in my best interest, but will be enjoyable and help me in the future.

Over the years, my attachment to the internet has allowed me to have acquire friends from around the world with similar interests as mine. As a somewhat introverted person, I eagerly await the moment each day when I can log onto the computer and converse. Though these people may be strangers, they allow me to express myself as if I had (have) known them for years. My discussions with them have also allowed me to have an in depth understanding of everyday life in many different countries. The different circumstances surrounding each individual's life has caused me to reevaluate the life I have been given in comparison to them. Knowing people who live in poorer countries, my gratefulness for my standard of living has increased. Likewise, knowing people who have obtained a higher education has led me to focus my mind on my education. The influence they have on me is not only one-sided towards me; I give feedback and insight to those who would do the same for me. (They not only positively influence me but I also give my feed back and insight to those who would undoubtly do the same for me.)

There is no physical environment in which I feel perfectly content. An environment is defined as the surroundings or conditions in which a person operates. I have spent most of my life browsing the web, teaching myself, and meeting new people. I operate on the Internet. A person feels content when they find a place where they belong and are accepted by the other people around them. Being a person who is quiet and reserved in each class , I was able to find acceptance in this virtual environment, which eventually allowed (lead me)me to be perfectly content. The contribution of the Internet on my life is more significant than anyone who glances at me would realize. My experiences have made me more inquisitive, by always trying to learn more about a topic I find interesting, and more open-minded and accepting of other people, though they may be different than me. As I have grown from a child to the young adult I am today, there has been one constant all along, the Internet, in all its glory, has and will always be there for me.[/quote]
You should have included the prompt of your question as we don't know what your Q4 is. Do include that next time when you open a fresh thread.

Countless hours spent everyday for the past ten years inon a chair.

This chair serves as the port between the person my loved ones know and the person I strive to be.

This chair is the port to which the person that my loved ones know and that the person whom I strive to become are connected time to time..... I guess this is the idea you try to mean by the above sentence. Hope I am right :D

Home / Undergraduate / : My life is my chair"; Common APP Q4 - The Internet Is Where Im Content