My love for a life of hustle and bustle; Boston U: Why BU?

jhakyung195 2 / 4 1  
I am really iffy about this essay. I feel like I don't explain enough WHY BU would be for me. I feel like I'm coming from a prospective student's brochure. Am i right? CRITIQUE&COMMENTS please

Prompt: In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission?

Time is a fickle concept. And in only months, I would be spending most of it in college, an environment where I had the chance to discover and to mature. Presently, my schedule is one filled with school, clubs, band practices, jobs, a social life...And I love it. A love of hustle and bustle is why Boston University is the place for me. It is a city within a city, a place that prides itself on a united student diversity, new experiences, and worthwhile challenges. The one concept that really appealed to me from BU is the promise to let me experience different perspectives of study rigorously through its Dual Degree programs and Kilachand Honors College. While I aspire to go into the medical field, I want to be a well-rounded person that has had a taste of everything. Partaking in the elite internships and vast study-abroad programs this school offers are other appeals that will allow me to form the priceless connections I need to plan a future of success. BU provides it all: a best of both worlds, a great education, an enlightening environment of friendships and chances, a bustling city, the real world. To be able to jump from a student to scientist to artist to city-dweller in a matter of steps across the campus and out of it. To tackle real world issues with a cohesive, diverse student body. To be surrounded in this sort of environment for 4 accomplished years is all I ask for.
yuzec95 3 / 25  
a best of both worlds

Try and avoid cliche sentences/phrases like this. :)
alexzxz 1 / 6 3  
Time is a fickle concept. And in only monthsawkward , I would be spending most of it in college, an environment where I had the chance to discover and to mature.

Presently, my schedule is one filled with school, clubs, band practices, jobs, a social life...And I love it.
"a social life" awkward usage/place

To be surrounded in this sort of environment for 4 accomplished years is all I ask for. NICE CONCLUSION
br2pi5 10 / 70  
hey! Is BU's deadline the Dec 31st at 11:59pm EST or January 1st ar 11:59pm EST??
OP jhakyung195 2 / 4 1  
BU's as well as other colleges due on the 1st,deadline should be January 1st ar 11:59pm EST. You should check their website just in case. :)

GOOD LUCK!
BU provides it all: a best of both worlds, a great education, an enlightening environment of friendships and chances, a bustling city, the real world.

Good sentence.
I feel you have answered well for this prompt. Hope I'm not too late with my comment as it is already 1st of Jan 2013.

Good Luck with your application and also wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year! :)

Home / Undergraduate / My love for a life of hustle and bustle; Boston U: Why BU?