Mechanical Engineering BS - educational and career goals and the reason for choosing your major

MARCOVLD 1 / -  

Mechanical Engineering in Texas Tech

My name is Marco Valdez, and I am currently a Senior at South Houston High School. I will pursue a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering BS. I plan on attending Texas Tech and complete my education there. My goal is to become a Mechanical Engineer and be able to work for a big corporation like NASA or Tesla. Make a change in the world by working for a corporation of that magnitude. I decided to pursue an education and career in Mechanical Engineering, so I can be able to solve today's problem and provide a solution for the future generation in energy, transportation, climate change and space exploration. By becoming a Mechanical Engineer, I will be able to protect our planet and environment and assist the world's transition to sustainable energy by creating technology that replaces non-renewable energy and provide data on climate change and pollution.
As far as the reasons for the course choice are concerned, the reasons are vast but lacking in development. It is always better to have one or two highly explained reasons for the choice to convince the reviewer that the applicant has considered most or all options prior to making what is perceived to be his final course choice.

Tie in the educational goal with a specific professional future. Pick either Tesla or SpaceX. NASA is no longer the goal for most engineers looking to work in a notable corporation. However, if you want to work at NASA to bring back its glory days and usefulness in the world of engineering, then you need to specifically say that.

Prove that you are a mature student pursuing a goal in life that is not financially oriented. Do this by narrowing the discussion of what you really want to professionally accomplish and why. Right now the responses are unfocused, requiring a whole new response to be written.

Home / Undergraduate / Mechanical Engineering BS - educational and career goals and the reason for choosing your major