State educational and career goals and the reason for choosing your major

Ag301187 1 / -  

stick to your aim and eventually you'll achieve it

Soon I will walk the stage of Richland College as an early college high students to receive my Associate's Degree in Science. Considering two years of hard work and dedication, I will achieve something someone would never think I would.

My focuses are math and science, I chose to continue my education and transfer to a 4-year university to receive my Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, with my goal of one day being the owner of a concrete company; however, my main goals in life are to live a lighthearted life, progress in my profession, and inspire younger generations to sustain their dreams to persevere a higher education.

My plan for achieving these goals is to transfer to Texas Tech University in fall of 2018 to begging my upperclassmen studies in civil engineering. Nevertheless, I am aware that Civil Engineering is a rigorous field in one of the best Universities in Texas; however, the education received from an institution like this will positively mark my life. In order to achieve my goals, I need to put the effort to: join clubs for leadership roles, receive good grades, and work in the field for experience.

I chose civil engineering because my passion for mathematics and science reflect back when I was young when I always tried to see a mathematical and scientific view on everything. Flashbacks come from when I was a toddler that I would play with mud creating houses and roads. Not aware that this was a career in the real world. As I got older I started to look for careers that I found interesting, always finding it difficult to find the right one. Reflecting upon my childhood I found out that what I enjoyed most was playing with dirt and getting grubby, as I designed and built different types of small communities out of the mud. With that in mind, I concluded that civil engineering is what I wanted to be when I am an adult. My goal as a civil engineer is to contribute to research based on infrastructure problems we see today, concerning risky roads and buildings exposed to our lives. I believe that as society and professionals contribute to this problem it will increase awareness, subject to a better life. With my passion and ability to lead, I know I can leave a positive impact by working alongside a team to design and construct better and safer roads.

Receiving this degree will change my life socially and professionally, but most importantly the reason I want to achieve this career is to encourage younger generations of Latino low-income families. For these students to understand that the setbacks holding them back from achieving their professional career are just temporary. If we help generations to fight for their goals instead of being complacent, we will change the world for the better. From everything that I have learned since attending Dover elementary to Richland College, helping others is the way to go, and not just being concerned about ourselves.
revanth92 2 / 2  
it's good overall. help me with my essay
Alejandro, The overall essay is strong. It clearly depicts the goals that you have set for yourself with regards to your chosen future career. However, there is a lack of certainty when it comes to the foundation of your career. One thing that the reviewers strongly disapprove of are exaggerations in the essays such as your claim of being a toddler when you first realized you had a knack for building things. Since you were too young to even know that this was something that could be turned into a career at that age, it is nothing but a flight of fancy or playtime for you. It should not be in the essay. Your educational goal is clear. You want to own your own company in the future, but a "concrete" company? What exactly do you mean? Do you plan to just build bricks for a living in the future? Also, you do not "begging" your upperclassmen studies, you "begin" it. Don't use the term "upperclassmen", it makes it sound like you are joining a military school. Just say you will "begin relevant class studies and training" if you want to be specific about the academic activities you will be undertaking.
Dood76 1 / 3 1  
I really enjoy your conclusion and how you are giving a call to action for the reader to go help out and make sure Latino low-income families are given the opportunities to succeed.

However, in your intro "Considering two years of hard work and dedication, I will achieve something someone would never think I would." I recommend changing it in order to make it flow better. Maybe talk about your future a little bit more.

Home / Undergraduate / State educational and career goals and the reason for choosing your major