My MODEL CONTEST -- NYU App

Chloemoon 3 / 5 1  
1 day before submit! Thank you for spending your precious time on this little essay! It would appreciate your help to make it looks cuter!~

Last summer, I participated in a regional model contest. As part of the contest, there were scenes that contestants walk the stage in swimming suits, which are much against the tradition of our culture. I never thought it could be a problem in modern China but got troubled by the invisible force. Whenever walk in the street, I can sense pointed fingers around me, saying how shameful for me to walk on the stage with a swimming suit. However, deep in my heart, I am a furious fighter who won't give up easily. I knew it would get me nowhere if I must seek the approval of everyone. So started with my parents, I put together a supporting group around me. Finally I won over a considerable size of the fan base. With their support and my endeavor to every detail, I gained the 2nd run-up award at the Final in front of 20,000 audiences. The award not only recognizes my demeanor on stage but also teach me the essence in life, which is to stick to my goal despite the resistance from others.
abenelazar 2 / 19 1  
Here is a full edit.

I participated in a regional model contest last summer. As part of the contest, there were scenes where contestants would walk the stage in swimming suits- much against the tradition of our culture. I never thought it could be a problem in modern China, but got troubled by the invisible force. Whenever I walk in the street, I sense pointed fingers around me. They saying how shameful for me to walk on the stage with a swimming suit. However, deep in my heart, I am a fighter who won't give up. I knew it would get me nowhere if I looked for approval in everyone. So starting with my parents, I put together a supportive group. I garnered a considerable fan base, and with their support, I gained the 2nd place award at the final in front of 20,000 viewers. The award not only recognized my performance on stage but taught me the essence of life, which is to stick to my goal despite the resistance from others.
OP Chloemoon 3 / 5 1  
WOW Thank you!

Home / Undergraduate / My MODEL CONTEST -- NYU App