Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"Music has become big impact on my life" - FSU NEW ESSAY

geri2009 3 / -  
The connection between Vires, Artes, Mores exemplifies not only the morals, values and intelligence a well rounded person has, but it also shows the students Florida State University offers and builds. In my life I have many passions that I try hard to maintain and shape with patience and effort. America has given me an opportunity to play an instrument that means a lot to me, playing the piano is a reward given to me. My cultural background reflected by Mores exemplifies the strength and values that not only my mother has put upon me but my own country as well.

Music has become big impact on my life. The piano is an instrument that can take me away from the world and bring me in my abyss. I work really hard to try and get a song just right, make it perfect for my audience to hear. Of course playing any instrument is challenging and it can very vexing when the notes just doesn't come out the way it should, but I practice for hours to try and correct my mistakes. At times life can be very stressing for a student. For me, I have AP courses, volunteer opportunities and family to deal with that it can cause me to feel crushed between two walls. Piano has really helped me deal with stress and learn to never give up even if the notes does not sound the way it should.

Living in a country of poverty can scar you with strength, morals and the ability to never give up. When I first stepped into the soil of America, I already felt like an outsider. The success this wonderful country provided was the exact opposite of what I came from. Through out my academic career my culture has been the backbone of never letting me break or fall. I never gave up when I first began to learn the English language and I never broke when the kids taunted me. My mother has always guided me ever since I could remember. She would always tell me " Nothing in this world is impossible", words that I would repeat to myself when high school got hard and when I thought about giving up. Thanks to my my mother and history, I am able to make the grades I have. I am able to pass all AP courses, and pass every exam I am given. It is thanks to the soil I have once stepped on that I have strength to keep fighting on in this competitive country and the drive to be the best I can be.

As I write this essay, I begin to think about these three words, the language that shows wisdom of age and the meaning that carries strength. Mores has strengthen me in every possible way and Arte has helped me learn to be patient. It is truly that these two words make up the last, Vires-signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual.

Home / Undergraduate / "Music has become big impact on my life" - FSU NEW ESSAY