"more newer things to explore" - Rhodes Supplement statements

pixie4545 2 / 7  
Question: Why Rhodes? Please give us a brief explanation of why you are considering Rhodes.

Since I live in a faraway country, I did not get a chance to visit Rhodes College or to know what it is really like. However, I am still confident that Rhodes is my 'perfect college'. Apart from its academic reputation, diversity, generosity with international aid, many extra curricular activities opportunities and internship prospects, the features that really makes Rhodes stand out for me are its Honor Code, Standards of Community Life and fellowships.

Since I live in a faraway country, I did not get a chance to visit Rhodes College or to see what it is really like. However, I am still confident that Rhodes is my 'perfect college'. Apart from its academic reputation, diversity, generosity with international aid, and many extra curricular activities opportunities, the features that really makes Rhodes stand out for me are its Honor Code, Standards of Community Life and fellowships.

After I read the Honor Code and Standards of Community Life, I instantly wanted to belong to such a community of high principles and integrity. At the same time, I felt assured that if I enrolled, Rhodes would welcome me wholeheartedly and help me adjust to a new culture.

Next I learned more about the fellowships, and about how they prepare the students for the real world. I grew confident that Rhodes would provide me an excellent opportunity to enhance my skills in the marketing field through its outside study and internships.

All of these characteristics make Rhodes very unique and appealing compared to other colleges I know. They signal that Rhodes has more newer things to explore for each of its students. This is why I choose this college, and I believe that if I get enrolled Rhodes will truly change my life for the better.

Okay so what do you guys think? Is the statement good enough?

There's also another question in the supplement: [i]How were you influenced to apply to Rhodes?

This statement should be like one or two sentences. But I'm not sure what to write. I've already mentioned how Rhodes influenced me to apply for it in the above statement. So what should I write?

I would really appreciate if anyone replies fast.
lic12 3 / 4  
That was a great answer. As for the other question you could write on how you got to know about Rhodes. That should tell you how you got influenced to apply there.
OP pixie4545 2 / 7  
thanks for the help :)
but aren't there any errors in my statement? maybe like grammatical mistakes?
Since I live in a faraway country, I did not get a chance to visit Rhodes College or to see what it is really like. ------- the rest of this first para is beautifully written!

At the same time, I felt assured that if I get enrolled Rhodes would welcome me wholeheartedly and help me adjust to a new culture. I also came to know that Rhodes provides a wonderful opportunity to students who want to make greater academic progress through its fellowships. (no add something here about your specific interests, what you want to do for your career and how Rhodes can empower you.)

All of these characteristics make Rhodes very unique and different appealing compared to other colleges I know. They kind of signal that Rhodes has more newer things to explore for each of...

well done!! :-) This is very well-written. something can be well-written and still have errors. It's your personality that makes it nice.
OP pixie4545 2 / 7  
As for this question: How were you influenced to apply to Rhodes?

Many aspects of Rhodes like the financial aid package for international students, the business academic program, the extracurricular activities like swimming and college magazine, and the fellowships influenced me to apply to this college.

So what do you think?
patorooni 4 / 17  
pixie4545
"more newer things to explore" should be "newer things to explore" or "more new things to explore."

Most definitely.
Well, it is not usually good to have paragraphs of only two sentences. You should show good composition by using a topic sentence followed by some elaborating sentences and examples.

Next I learned more about the fellowships, and about how they prepare the students for the real world.----- this is where you have to add some nuts to the candy bar. Give examples of what kind of work you want to do and what you are already learning about.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "more newer things to explore" - Rhodes Supplement statements