Nuclear Physics department; MIT/ which department appeals to you most & why?

keshav13579 2 / 6  
The Nuclear Physics department the MIT is fascinates me the most. The idea of tiny atoms holding enormous amounts of energy leaves me awestruck. Though there's an increasing anti-nuclear trend in many people, my passion for nuclear science has remained the same since we were taught the E=mc^2 equation at school which translated one gram of U-235 to 82 billion joules of energy. With the nuclear research reactor at the MIT, I wish to learn more about harnessing this energy efficiently and with the knowledge of nuclear physics, I aim at decrypting the atom to a greater level.

Any better choice of words or any correction possible to make the essay more fancy? Please help..
OP keshav13579 2 / 6  
Plz bother to check this one too...plz i gotta send iit by tomorrow latest

Which attribute of ur personality u r most proud of...?

I often get from people around me that I underestimate myself . Although a few around me understand that its not underestimation but modesty.
Being modest, I'm kept away from getting cocky about my achievements,however big or small. Not getting cocky makes sure I do not get overconfident.

And not getting overconfident means that I remain ever diligent about my work. Each time I work on something, the enthusiasm is like that of a novice.

This makes sure that I put in my 100% in what I'm doing. The modesty also helps me maintain a harmonious coexistence with my less achieving peers and teammates.

When I led my school team to victory in the regional and national science exhibitions two years back, my pride as a team but modesty as an individual made us looked upon with appreciation and not envy.

Last week,when the SAT results were out, I had the privilege of being one in the two of us at school to achieve a perfect 2400 in the subject tests at the first shot.

Deep below I was happy and proud but on the outside, I was calm. Not being hyped and arrogant about it, I didn't receive many negative vibes and wasn't looked upon as a snob(Sadly,this wasn't the case with the other guy).

I feel that modesty makes me approachable to everybody. It makes sure that I'm one in many and at the same time one among many. This is what makes me proud.
The Nuclear Physics department the MIT is fascinates me the most.

The Nuclear Physics department at the MIT is the one that fascinates me the most.

Though there's an increasing anti-nuclear trend in many people, my passion for nuclear science has remained the same since we were taught the E=mc^2 equation at school which translated one gram of U-235 to 82 billion joules of energy.

Today there is an increasing anti-nuclear trend in many people. However, my passion for this field kept thriving since the first day I learned E=mc^2 equation at school .

With the nuclear research reactor at the MIT, I wish to learn more about harnessing this energy efficiently and with the knowledge of nuclear physics, I aim at decrypting the atom to a greater level.

... I wish you break this sentence to two;
With the nuclear research reactor at the MIT, I wish to learn more about harnessing this energy efficiently. By acquiring more knowledge on Nuclear Physics I aim ant decrypting the atom to a greater level.
OP keshav13579 2 / 6  
Thanks a ton dumi, could u also review my second essay?

Home / Undergraduate / Nuclear Physics department; MIT/ which department appeals to you most & why?