NYU 5 short question supplement- Stern

Linnus 6 / 89  
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you so much!

In addition to any work experience that you listed on your application, please tell us how you spent your most recent summer vacation.
This past summer I stayed in NYC and caught the virus that Wall Street emitted. I daringly took out all my personal savings, which was about 4000 dollars and invested in the crumbling stock market that seemed to be a bargain; Dow has dropped 2000 points since last year! After days of research, I put all my money into the infamous Washington Mutual that failed later on this year. I was aware of the huge risk involved, but my ambitions pushed me on. I have learned much from this incident.

495/500
Describe a trait or characteristic that has been passed along to you by your family. Tell us why you like or dislike this aspect of yourself.

I wonder if there is a genetic code embedded in my DNA that made me curious. My need to ask the question "why" has broaden my horizon and allowed me to venture into topics such as string theory. It has allowed me to become more reasonable because I am able to understand the different views that people have and think critically. Most importantly, it gave me the ability to think innovatively because of the assortment of unusual ideas flowing in my brain.

461/500
New York City is an essential element of academic and cultural life at NYU. If you could engage in an activity or start a club or service organization at NYU, what would it be and how would you envision it impacting the larger community?

If I can start a club in NYU I would start a "chat club". People from all backgrounds can come together and talk about their problems, offer their advice, or have an intelligent discussion. This club will allow people of different backgrounds to understand each other better. It is my vision that this idea will spread across the country and help shorten the cultural gap among the different ethnic groups and give people time to reflect upon their lives and the things they take for granted.

497/500
You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why?
I would choose "Simple and Clean", because it is one of the few songs I know how to sing. I find the name of this song extremely attractive because it gives me a sense of satisfaction and peace. One of my favorite line in this song is "regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all" because it is such a simple way of living but with an immense amount of courage. It really makes me want to live life to the fullest, and I wish it will inspire others to do the same.

481/500
Please tell us what led you to select your anticipated academic program and/or NYU school/college, and what interests you most about your intended discipline.

The huge investment potential in China, India, and Brazil's developing market brings shivers down my spine. This generation of business leaders in the global economy will have an enormous impact on the future environment, business ethnics, and society and I want to be an active member of this revolutionizing change. Stern's exceptional business program with emphasis on liberal arts will prepare me for the competitive environment that I will have to face soon.

466/500
OP Linnus 6 / 89  
Any feedback will be nice! Thank you!

(My shameless attempt to bump my thread)
I wonder if there is a genetic code embedded in my DNA that made me curious. My need to ask the question "why" has broadened my horizons and allowed me to venture into topics such as string theory.

It has allowed me to become more reasonable, because I am able to understand the different views that people have and think critically.

Most importantly, it gave me the ability to think innovatively because of the assortment of unusual ideas flowing through my brain.

And right here, you need a comma:

This generation of business leaders in the global economy will have an enormous impact on the future environment, business ethnics, and society, and I want to be an active member of this revolutionizing change.

:)
dhruvsharma 3 / 8  
"One of my favorite lines"
You missed a S in your fourth essay.
Small, yet prominent mistake.

I loved your last essay. The whole investment potential factor is great! :)
Its not vague like most other essays I've read.
OP Linnus 6 / 89  
Thank you Kevin and Dhruv for the help! Any additional suggestions are welcome! Thanks again!

Home / Undergraduate / NYU 5 short question supplement- Stern